Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questionable Claims Agent

Rate this question

ihateliver

Question

I just came across this site yesterday and there is alot of great information here. Hopefully someone can assist me with this issue.

Three or four years ago a Veteran I met out and about informed me of a Vet Rep who could assist me with increasing my current 40% rating. I paid him $500.00 up front for representation and he would get 10% of any backpay. However he doesnt call, he is not listed as my POA on the ebenefits website, and I can never reach him by phone or email. I'm at a loss of what to do.

W E Taylor

US Army

1981-1992

jbasser

The agent that has not followed up with me is accredited and is listed on the ebenefits site. The practice has expanded yet no calls from anyone or any communications from them whatsoever. In addition, I want to file for items that VA may not have considered properly in the past. I, like other vets, have put too much weight on VA to handle my claims, hence only 40%. I believe I should be no less that 70%.

Edited by ihateliver

W E Taylor

US Army

1981-1992

Thanks USMC_VET -

I actually faxed a similar form in to the Baltimore VA that I found on the Attig Law site. He has some great information and books on his site. However I will probably send in this form as well.

remember to send it US Postal Service Certified mail WITH Return Receipt. That way the request cannot be "lost" or "never received"

Unlike a claim you cannot, even though it is against their own rules and regulations, go after them or have any real recourse if htey do not comply within the 20 days, etc. however i think it does make them actually make sure the request is processed since you have cited the proper regs ot them and have proof of deliver and acceptance

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints