Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where To Mail Form-9

Rate this question

USMC2311

Question

I finally received my SOC in regard to the NOD I submitted back in June 2014. No increase on three contentions. I will continue my appeal for one of the three. Thankfully I recently received a copy of my ankle operation report from my SMR, to my surprise I see evidence that relates to my ankle appeal that has never been addressed by the VA. The question now is where do I mail my form-9? I am currently working overseas and my records and all correspondence has been out of the Regional Office in Pittsburgh. Interestingly the SOC was sent to me from the Regional Office in Phoenix Arizona.

Do I mail my form-9 back to the RO holding my records? Or is there a new process to mail form-9's to the RO in Phoenix or to the Intake Center in GA? Please advise...where do I mail my form-9?

Thank you

• HadIt.com Elder

I Would send it send back to the RO that has your records especially if you have received SOC.

However if it was the Phoenix RO send it to them.....on the 9 form its self it says to send it back to the RO that has your Records

Others are welcome to chime in here because I could be totally wrong.

since they started up the two different locations east & west intake centers in Ga & Wi?

...............Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Whoa, Buck. Hold the phone. Everything goes through Cheeseville or Newnan now. Nothing-I repeat nothing- goes to your local RO for filing anymore. Here's how it works. In the Brave new world of VA claims at lightspeed, everything has to be turned into a word-searchable .pdf document so the poor overworked raters can find the words "disease or injury". This helps them rate you. If you send anything to your RO it will delay it immensely as the RO will package it up and send it on to the two intake centers for conversion.They generally take about a month to do that.

This is why VA has moved into the new forms for everything instead of the old catch-all Form 21-4138. Each new document you create now will be in electronic format in "the cloud". No more waiting for VA to package up a c-file and Fedex it back to DC for the appeal. Now it's sent via internet. Remember, ignore the form's admonition to send it to the RO. As of March 25th, it's all about Cheeseville and Newnan's own for filing anything.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks asknod,

Since the New forms change (as of March25 2015) I kinda thought it maybe the Intake Centers.

I stand corrected.

USMC2311.

please disregard my information and send your form 9 to the correct intake centers depending where you live as to the intake center you send it to.

I think if you live in the east part send it to Newnan Ga, if you live in the west part of the states send it to Wi (cheeseville) now if your over seas...I am not sure?

Thanks Asknod

....Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck52 and asknod thank you for responding. Newnan is the office where I have sent all other correspondence but the SOC mentioned to return it to the Regional Office holding your records. I was a little hasty and just had my wife send out my Form-9 back to the Pittsburgh Regional Office, Attn: Appeals Team before catching these postings. I hope this does not cause any major issues with the packet getting properly submitted to the BVA.

Fat, yes and amazing, the SOC was a quick turnaround from the date of RO’s receipt of my NOD. I believe the one contention that I am appealing will be a winner because of the fact I finally received a copy of my Service Medical Record (ankle) operation report which was not included in my C-File which now sheds light on the actual ankle disability and diagnosis. I hope the next step is as quick as the first.

Again thanks

If you have copies of it, send them into Newnan. No law that says you can't double whammy. I have done that.