Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qtc Mental Health Apt

Rate this question

rocky78

Question

Good evening,

This is my first time writing a post. I am active duty Navy and already started my retirement process (19 years and 8 month in, 4 to go).

I had my first QTC appointment and I just wanted some feedback. I have been diagnosed with endometriosis, ulcerative colitis, IBS, migraines, plantar fasciitis, back and neck problems Among other things, but the appointment I just had was for a psychiatrist for depression and anxiety.

I went into the appointment and I had planned on telling the doctor all the stuff that I've been going through with the depression: not sleeping, no interest on anything but curling up in a ball in my couch when I get home, my mood swings, the horrible nightmares when I do get to sleep, the constant crying, my shame about been depressed and broken, my feeling of shame of not achieving a higher rank, the fact I felt I was treated differently the moment I got sick a few years back, how I can't go out and meet new people because i'm worried about the colitis and accidents, how I get nervous in rooms with locked doors etc.

The appointment unfortunately went more like this: The doctor started asking me questions and my eyes started getting teary, that transformed into uncontrollable crying and sobbing that went through the whole appointment.

I was able to answer his questions, but I was crying so bad the doctor kept saying "I can't understand your answer due to your crying" many times, I felt horrible and ashamed but I couldn't stop.

Towards the end the doctor kept asking "is there anything else you would like to tell me that contributes to your depression or something else that makes you depressed" but I just could not utter any sentences.

At the end he said "you will be hearing from the va in about 10 weeks but not before then" or something to that regard, then he put me in an empty room for a few minutes so I could calm down and then go home.

I was so ashamed, I usually hide and not let people see me like that.

He did appear to have some notes from my diagnosis because he knew the name of my doctor and the questions he asked did touch on some of my problems (i.e insomnia, no hobbies etc), but I was wondering if I really messed up my chances by not explaining all my symptoms. I also realized that in the medicine question I only put the celexa, but at work someone told me I should've put the ambien becaue it is the psych that evaluates your insomnia not the regular doctor.

Am I allow to contact them and let them know about the medicine or has that ship sailed so to speak.

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

They should have access to meds but wait and see what they come up with. If you want to see the C&P go to the VARO and ask to review it.

Hi Pete53, thanks so much for replying.

what is a C&P?

Also I was wondering if you knew anything about whether they go by your medical records or does what you say have more weight?

I ask because my anxiety and depression is well document, but as I mentioned above I had a breakdown and was not really able to talk more about my symptoms due to the crying.

Now I am very nervous because I have 3 more appointments next week and I am so scared it is going to happen again and I won't be able to talk to them about my symptoms.

I am very worried because on the questionnaire for next week they only seem to be asking questions about half my conditions. The other ones like the endometriosis and the UC are not been asked about. is that normal?

Below is everything the sheet says I am been reviewed for, but the questions stop at the murmur, no questions on the questionnaire for IBS and under, but everything is in my medical record.

Condition left plantar fasciitis

Condition right plantar fasciitis

Condition left feet neuritis

Condition right feet neuritis

Condition lumbago

Condition sciatica

Condition cervicalgia

Condition myalgia and myositis

Condition allergic rhinitis

Condition dyspnea

Condition asthma

Condition systolic murmur

Condition Irritable bowel syndrome

Condition crohns disease

Condition ulcerative colitis (chronic)

Condition diverticulitis

Condition endometriosis

Condition left ovary removal surgery

Condition left salpingo oopherectomy

Condition laparscopy with conversion laparotomy

Condition female pelvic condition with pain condition

Condition right ovarian cyst

Condition polycystic ovarian disorder

Condition displaced uterus

Condition cholecystectomy scars

Condition migraines

Hi there! C&P exams can be frustrating and make us nervous at the same time...

C&P is Compensation & Pension Exam. Since you had one with a QTC provider (contractor) you will have to either file a FOIA request or as your DAV or VARO rep to obtain a copy but it won't be available until after the claim is processed. Unlike getting a C&P through a VA location where you can access the file on MyHealthyVet, you can't gain access to a QTC exam. They are contracted by the VA and submit their findings/exams directly to the VA.

As far as your medicines the VA rater will have the capability of seeing all your medicines if they are being distributed through the VA but if not then get the total medicine list to your DAV or VARO rep and have them provide them to the Rater office and you can also supply the list through upload on my Ebennies....

Take care and good luck!