Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Forum Newbie - Please Help Me Sort Through The Va-Speak

Rate this question

danangmonkey

Question

"The VA agent (1-800) assured me that the "reconsideration" process stops the "One Year" timer for an appeal, but that may not be 100% factually correct based on what I have read on this forum."

Nope, it is not factual at all. They might appear to actually be working on a reconsideration, but they did that to me ,hoping my NOD deadline would run out before they actually 'worked on it..

Dont trust "Peggy"...... our name for the 800#.

For those unfamilar with Peggy, it is here....

(sorry about the crude third link I gave there, I played that back about 8 times ,it was so hilarious.
hey, we all need to laugh, otherwise the VA would have us all in a rubber room, from dealing with their incompetence)

danangmokey:

I filed an FDC and had a few hold-ups along the way....one was not originally submitting the 5103 Waiver? Perhaps that slowed you or maybe even stopped the final push to get your FDC completed? Especially with only 3 contentions, it would seem as if VBA could make this a timeline win for all concerned? I did some checking and most Vets believed that because they sbmitted their FDC and certified that "all" of their evidence was part of the package that -it was a completed package for evidence review and adjudication purposes? Anyway, when I did my final CPs and Sumitted the 5103 Waiver...everything has moved briskley since then...and I should know soon....good luck and godspeed...

Edited by rootbeer22