VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

25 Year Long Service Connected Disability Denied After C/p Exam.

Rate this question

ardodd

Question

This epic battle began 25 years ago when I was Discharged from USMC with a Medical Discharge for Bilateral Patello Femoral Syndrome in both knees. I filed when I got out in 1990, or so I thought I filed, according to the VA. I am not getting any help from VA on it at all. But I will move on and let that be my battle to prove.

All of this supposedly began in 1990, but it was not until 1999 when the VA said I filed a Claim. So I will just go from there, I supposedly submitted a Claim then. But in 1999 I was Denied my Claim for Disability and supposedly they sent me a letter telling me I was Denied. This was after signing the private hospital and doctor release forms. Of which to the knowledge of all these places they were never contacted.

So forward to 2010 when I Appealed that decision in 1990 stating they never Reviewed my Medical Records from the Military and from private hospitals and doctor's. Plus I signed the Release of Medical Records form again. And yet I was sent a Denial of Claim stating I had not provided any new material evidence. So in 2011 I Appealed that again and was told that after Review I had not provided new material evidence supporting my Claim. I was frustrated so I just dropped it and did my best to work until 2014 when I was struggling to keep employment and unable to perform daily task. And after being involved in automobile accident I tried in 2015 to go back and try to resolve this 25 year problem.

You may ask why are you know deciding to finally set down and try to resolve it?

Until now I did not understand all the laws and complications this process has. So after filing an Apeal for all the years I had been Denied and taking this matter to some Senior Board members in Washington,D.C for help and and guidance from the VBA. I was unclear of any of it. But my biggest Question has always been to the VA. First why was I not processed when I got out and was paid Severance for my Disbility. Second why have I been denied a C/P exam if they say I had no new material evidence if I signed the Forms for them to get the Medical Records. And the biggest clue for me was during this year when I filed an Appeal and was told that it would take between 2weeks to a,month for them to have my Service Medical Records scanned into the System.

Hello that is like handing me a Loaded Gun. Why would they need to send off to St. Louis for my Service Medical Records after Denying my Claim for over 25 years. I have been told by every VSO,RO and every VA rep that they have access to that file and it was used to Decide my Claim. Ok, if they had it then why did they need, more Importantly why did I send by email a scanned Certified copy of my Service Medical Records for them to use in my Claim this year. It was not until I sent them my certified copy did they let me have a C/P exam. And after 25 years do you honestly think that I would have the exact same symptoms and disabilities as I did 25 years ago. Why of course not, after all human,bodies and disabilities change.

But according to the C/P examiner in his Nurse Practioner wanting to play doctor said that my condition now was not what I was Discharged from the USMC for. And that what he diagnosed me for is not debilitating. Honestly where do they get these people from. He did not do a full exam,and his Non-Board Certified Orthopedic opinion is what 25 years of frustration has turned into. But I am Appealing this poponderous and unethical wisdom.

Sorry this so long but I felt it needed a merit of background, I have left out a lot of details to make it shorter. But my question is two things.

1) Did or does the VA have to grant or give a Veteran a C/P exam if they were Medically Discharged? This was in 1990

2) If the VA did not have to grant me exam even back in 1999,2010,2011 and it would of proved my Claim why would they still not give one and state I did not provide new material evidence even if I showed them records of not one but two arthroscopic knee surgeries as proof?

3) The biggest Question I have is how can the VA Board make any Decission without using my Service COnnected Medical Records and why would they not even acknowledge that I was Discharged from the Service with the Disability?

I would like to say that 2weeks ago I witnessed some VSO's shredding old folders from a filing cabinet. I asked what they were and they told me they were just old folders or files over 7 years old and they had to go. So I am,asking how is it that if someone like me wants to Appeal and old Denialxand might need the proof of the doctor's notes or something from it that was missing or not included. Why would they not scan and record all the information onto a CD or external type hard drive for cataloging. I am just asking has anyone known of this to happen and later the VA says,they never received anything. Kind of makes me wonder why the VA says they never got my 1990 Claim and says I did not try for Disability Compensation until 1999. What your thoughts on it?

MANY of us  Hardcore claimants know that regulation by heart.

MANY here have had their pre VCAA and post VCAA rights crapped on.

And recently we had a vet who thought "duty to assist" meant that the VA would actually obtain evidence to support his claim, and that was evidence he should have obtained. It regarded finding proof of his multiple alleged exposures to all sorts of stuff inservice, and proof of how it caused his current disability.

That was the claimant's job, not the VA's.

I asked the BVA to remand a claim I had ,due to a VCAA violation. The BVA agreed but remanded for one more VA Opinion.

When the remand was done ( I knocked down the PA opinion myself  ( BVA asked for a cardio opinion, not a PA opinion, and I knew more about CArdio than the PA did , and BVA disregarded it)

the BVA raised the VCAA violation but stated my evidence had mitigated the damage of the violation and awarded.

This was the same claim I mentioned here somewher else this AM- that the VA had refused to re=open because they said the claim involved the same 1151 death  (prior DIC award).

That was BS and I fought back.The 1151 death was changed to direct SC death due to AO DMII.

You stated in this thread:

"I have tried since then to have this Claim Reviewed and Reopened but have been Denied. And when they finally did Grant a Service-Connected Disability it was in 2015 for guess what?

Osteoarthritis of both knee's **Traumatic Arthritis** and rated for 10% each.

How do i fight this? Any help is appreciated."

Did you appeal the 2015 decision in time?

Is that decision in one of the scans? I couldnt find it.

Edited by Berta

There are many scans in your thread, but I assume this statement is regarding the 2015 decision:

“But according to the C/P examiner in his Nurse Practioner wanting to play doctor said that my condition now was not what I was Discharged from the USMC for. And that what he diagnosed me for is not debilitating. Honestly where do they get these people from. He did not do a full exam,and his Non-Board Certified Orthopedic opinion is what 25 years of frustration has turned into. But I am Appealing this poponderous and unethical wisdom.

The best way to appeal that might be to get an IME (Independent Medical Exam) for an opinion from a real doctor, who has expertise in the field of your disability. It appears this examiner ‘recharacterized ‘ what you had claimed yet the exam could have definitely been faulty.

The recharacterization would have to be challenged, because  once a vet gets a SC for  the same disability they were denied for in the past, it is common sense to consider they might well have committed a clear and unmistakable error in the past decision, if the denied disability was ratable at least at 10% -appearing as NSC 10% on the rating schedule with diagnostic codes.

This too has to be brought up as well at some point.---

But in 1999 I was Denied my Claim for Disability and supposedly they sent me a letter telling me I was Denied. This was after signing the private hospital and doctor release forms. Of which to the knowledge of all these places they were never contacted."

The VA did this to my husband- they failed to obtain his SSA records and then lied to my 2 Senators and Congressman, saying SSA refused to release them.

I called SSA in Baltimore and after quite some time on the phone, a man told me they had never received any request for his records ( I still had copy of the autorization form he signed.)

SSA had awarded my husband solely for PTSD- he had a 30% SC PTSD rating in his lifetime. He could have seen his proper 100% PTSD award before he died. This claim ended up taking almost 3 more years, awarded to me -because he was dead by then -( FTCA) Death by VA.

Since 1999 , the 2015 decision should show a Evidence list,including ALL records you signed a release for them to get. 

Will the VA lie?  You bet they will.

If you can successfully get this recent SC decision properly decided and rated based on the actual etiology of it (inservice) that is what could open a big door on CUE and/or  38CFR 3.156.

You have asked many very good questions, and many are difficult to answer....

"3) The biggest Question I have is how can the VA Board make any Decission without using my Service COnnected Medical Records and why would they not even acknowledge that I was Discharged from the Service with the Disability?"   

Did you raise that point on appeal? Or maybe best to wait for the outcome of the NOD....

You have filed a NOD, as I understand this.....and I hope you will consider getting an IMO/IME from a non VA doctor.

49 minutes ago, Berta said:

You have filed a NOD, as I understand this.....and I hope you will consider getting an IMO/IME from a non VA doctor.

I did file an Appeal with the statement about the exam. Or so i feel the VSO included my reasoning for disagreement. I even sent this email to Allison Hickey Under Secretary at that time also.

Re: Albert Dodd Compensation Claim

Albert Dodd <rockiedodd871@gmail.com> Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 7:52 PM
To: "Hickey, Allison, VBAVACO" <allison.hickey@va.gov>

Mrs. Allison,

These are the things I found wrong upon examining my C/P File.

C/P Exam Errors

Veteran: Albert Dodd

VA File Number: 

Decision Rating Date: April 06,2015

Errors:

Section 2 Medical History

Flare-ups: Examiner reports states: NO

Functional Loss or Functional Impairment: Examiner report states: NO

Section 3 Range of Motion

Right Knee:

Flexion: ( 0 to 140 degrees) report shows ( 0 to 110 )

Exteension: ( 140 to 0 degrees ) report shows ( 110 to 0 )

*Examiner fails to tell he forced my right knee to 110.

Does ROM contribute to Functional Loss?

*Examiner report shows: NO

Explanation: Pain does not result in/cause functional loss. 

Pain was noted on Exam.

NO Pain with weight bearing.

**Examiner did not record at what point Pain was noted**

Objective Evidence at localized tenderness of Pain?

*Examiner report shows: YES

**Examiner give location but Failed to describe Severity and Relationship to

Condition(s)

Is there Crepitus?

**I have been examined by several Orthopedic Doctors who are on the record

Stating that my knees have Crepitus. The Medical Examiner ( Nurse  

Practioner ) is the very first medical person to state there is no Crepitus in my

Knees. I find this untrue and false as even I can feel Crepitus in my knees.

Left Knee:

Flexion: ( 0 to 140 degrees ) report shows ( 0 to 110 degrees )

Extension: ( 140 to 0 degrees ) report shows ( 110 to 0 degrees )

*Medical Examiner Falsified his report in the Degrees. In that after he shoved  

my right knee back to get his reading, I told him he was not going to touch my  

Left knee at all. My left knee was swollen and the Range of Motion was  

Limited to less than 90 degrees or less at best.

I pulled my left leg in as far as I could while in Pain with several attempts to  

get it back that far. And the only response from the Medical Examiner was “ Is  

that as far you can actually bend your knee?” I responded by telling him “That  

is as far as I am going to move it.” 

*The Examiner in his haste and disagreement took the measurement. But the  

Report indicates he decided to put down 110 degrees of Flexion. In his haste

the Medical Examiner Falsified the true Reading and put a Reading down that  

would reflect a acceptable reading to Deny my Claim.

Description of Pain

*Examiner report shows Pain does not result in/cause functional loss.

*Examiner report shows Flexion/Extension both have associated Pain

*Examiner report shows NO Evidence of Pain in weight bearing

Objective Evidence of localized tenderness or Pain 

*Examiner report shows: Medial Side

**But Failed to describe the Severity and Relationship to Condition(s)

Is there Crepitus?

*Examiner report shows there is NO Crepitus

**I have been examined by several Orthopedic Doctors who are on the record

Stating that my knees have Crepitus. The Medical Examiner ( Nurse  

Practioner ) is the very first medical person to state there is no Crepitus in my

Knees. I find this untrue and false as even I can feel Crepitus in my knees.

Repeated use over time

Right Knee

Does pain, weakness, fatigability or incoordination significantly Limit  

Functional ability with Repeated use over a period of time?

**Contradicts statement about Flexion/Extension are Limited from ( 0 to 110  

degrees) and (110 to 0 degrees) without Pain. Pain is exhibited during and after  

Repeated use and Limits the ability to Function over a period of time.

Left Knee

Does pain, weakness, fatigability or incoordination significantly Limit  

Functional ability with Repeated use over a period of time?

**Contradicts statement about Flexion/Extension are Limited from ( 0 to 110  

degrees) and (110 to 0 degrees) without Pain. Pain is exhibited during and after  

Repeated use and Limits the ability to Function over a period of time.

Flare-ups

**Examiner failed to report that when transitioning from Flexion to Extension  

That in both my knees I was unable to do it smoothly. In both my right and left  

Extension my knee would get to a point where it would “Lock up” and I would  

have to slightly bend my knee back in Flexion to relieve the Pain and then it  

would continue to move through the Extension Motion.

**Examiner failed to report the swelling in my left knee was worse than my right   

Knee. And that I exhibited a flare-up before the exam. 

Observed Repetitive use

Repeated use over time

*Examiner Failed to properly answer these questions as his answer Contradicts  

his statement that 30 degrees of Loss Functional Motion in Flexion/Extension  

of right knee. And a Falsified statement of 30 degree of Loss Functional Motion  

in Flexion/Extension for left knee

**Examiner either answered NO so he would not have to explain why Pain and  

Limitation existed and would have to describe it. Or the Examiner Falsified his  

Statement to Reflect NO Condition(s) to be able to Deny the Claim.

Section 6 Additional factors contributing to disability

Right knee

*Examiner report shows: NONE

**Examiner Failed as he Contradicts his earlier statement of Pain was exhibited in  

ROM. He neglected to identify the “Locking” of knee during Extension.

Left knee

*Examiner report shows: NONE

**Examiner Failed as he Contradicts his earlier statement of Pain was exhibited in  

ROM. He neglected to identify:

Swelling, deformity, atrophy of disuse, instability station, disturbances of  

locomotion, interference with sitting, interference with standing

Muscle strength testing

*Examiner report shows: 

Flexion    Extension

Right:  5/5        5/5

Left:   5/5        5/5

*Examiner did not perform strength test. See notes and remarks at the end for  

Explanation.

Section 8 Ankylosis

*Examiner failed to understand the definition of Ankylosis as it involves  

stiffening of the knee joint and bone abnormality. As the Examiner did not even  

ask why I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee two times. This where the  

Examiner did not find out that I had fracture of the tibia and femur bones. And  

the surgeries have left me with Ankylosis in the left knee. Once the surgeries  

were done the deterioration of the synovial membrane, cartilage as well as the  

chondral bone structures. This reduces the mobility of the joint and leads to  

stiffness in the area.

*Examiner either does not have the knowledge or skills to be give opinions or  

examinations in the Orthopedic field or he Falsified his statement to Deny my  

Claim. 

Section 9 Joint Stability Test

Recurrent Subluxation:

Right Knee: Examiner answered: NONE

Left Knee: Examiner answered: NONE

History of Lateral Instability:

Right Knee: Examiner answered: NONE

Left Knee: Examiner answered: NONE

Is there history of recurrent effusion:

*Examiner answered: YES

**Examiner failed to identify why effusion was recurring. He failed to  

connect two previous knee arthroscopic surgeries for instability and  

subluxation to the question asked. 

Either the Examiner does not possess the knowledge of Orthopedic  

anatomy and Diagnosis of knee problems. Or he Falsified his statement to  

Deny my Claim.

Performance of Joint stability Testing

Right knee:

Was Joint Stability testing performed:

If Joint Stability testing was performed is there Joint Instability?

If yes (joint stability testing was performed), complete the section below:

Anterior instability (Lachman test): 

*Examiner report shows: Normal

Posterior instability (Posterior drawer test)

Medial instability (Apply valgus pressure to knee in extension and with 30  

degrees of flexion)

Lateral instability (Apply varus pressure to knee in extension and with 30  

degrees of flexion)

**Examiner Falsified this statement as he never performed these test. 

Left knee:               

Was Joint Stability testing performed:

If Joint Stability testing was performed is there Joint Instability?

If yes (joint stability testing was performed), complete the section below:

Anterior instability (Lachman test): 

Posterior instability (Posterior drawer test)

Medial instability (Apply valgus pressure to knee in extension and with 30  

degrees of flexion)

Lateral instability (Apply varus pressure to knee in extension and with 30  

degrees of flexion)

**Examiner Falsified this statement as he never performed these test. 

Section 10 Additional Comments/Conditions

Does the Veteran have or ever had any of the following condition(s):

Recurrent Patella Dislocation

Shin Splints

Stress fracture of the lower leg/side

Chronic Exertional compartment syndrome

Traumatic genu recurvatum

Leg length discrepancy

**Examiner failed to identify two previous surgeries that did exhibit  

symptoms and condition(s) that the Examiner did not want to list.

Either the Examiner does not know Orthopedic Diagnosis or he wanted to  

Deny my Claim by not filling out this Questionnaire correctly.

Section 11 Meniscal Conditions

Does the Veteran now or has he or she ever had a Meniscus ( Semiulnar Cartilage )  

Condition?

*Examiner Falsified this statement as I had told him that I had two  

Arthroscopic knee surgeries. I honestly feel as if the Examiner does not care  

or he does not have the Medical knowledge of Orthopedic Diagnosis. It is  

my opinion that the Medical Examiner has already made up his mind to  

Deny my Claim and is preparing this exam report to reflect that there is no  

evidence of any problem related to my Claim. In the opinion of the  

Examiner the Orthopedic Doctor Douglas Liles did not repair anything when  

he did two arthroscopic knee surgeries. I find it False that a Medical  

Examiner who does not have a Medical Degree in Orthopedics can overturn  

and be able to disregard a Medical Professional’s opinion and his Orthopedic  

Diagnosis knowledge and skills.

Section 12 Surgical Procedures

Left side:

*Examiner report shows Meniscectomy, arthroscopic or other knee surgery not  

described above:

Type of surgery: Arthroscopic

Date of surgery: 2000, 2010

*Examiner did not get dates of surgeries correct. They were performed in  

2001,2009. The Examiner also failed to identify what kind of surgery was  

performed and the residual effects from it.

Section 13 Physical Findings, complications, conditions

*Examiner notes that there are condition(s) that pertain to the Diagnosis:

EXTREME OBESITY

**Examiner failed to examine my whole time-line from discharge to present  

Condition. As all he wanted to report was the present condition not how I got  

There.

Section 16 Diagnosis Testing

*Examiner did not even order X-rays. As my wife had to ask the receptionist if  

they needed me to have them for evidence. 

*Examiner relied on X-ray to identify Crepitus. And he answered there is NO  

Crepitus evident. 

**By the statements and/or Falsified statements the Examiner does not have the  

Orthopedic knowledge or skills to be giving opinions about Orthopedic  

Diagnosis or Condition(s). 

Section 17 Functional Impact

Does the condition(s) regardless of my employment status listed in the Diagnosis    

Section impact my ability to perform any type of occupational task: standing,  

walking, lifting, sitting

**The Examiner ( Nurse Practioner ) is not Qualified to give Occupational  

Assessments. The Examiner is not a Occupational therapist that has the  

Knowledge and skills to assess Patients for Occupational functional capacity.   

Section 17 Functional Impact/Remarks

*Examiner’s Rational for condition(s) is (EXTREME OBESITY) and not the  

condition of (PFPS) and the (Ageing Factor)

** First note is that the Medical Examiner went out of his way by Disregarding the Instructions to Not use the Impact of Other Condition(s) such as Weight and Age.

**Second note is that the Medical Examiner ignored the fact that Functional Loss contributed to the (EXTREME OBESITY). Plus I am not 21 years old anymore. I am 46 years old and the human body changes over time. The Examiner noted I was normal body and weight when I was Discharged. And yet his assessment is for the present time period and thus Failed to understand the progression of weight gain from Functional Loss of Motion due to two back surgeries and two knee surgeries. It becomes harder for the human body to maintain a healthy state when the muscles have become weakened and loss their tone to inactivity. I want to further add that if the Examiner would have listened and not already Pre-determined to Deny me this would not of been a consideration.

**Thirdly I want to add that by all the Falsified statements that the Medical Examiner has made in his report that he had Pre-determined that I did not nor had I ever had any disability. I find this false as on April 3,2015 I was contacted by the New Orleans Regional Office and was told I had been Denied my Claim. I find this very useful as it tells me that the New Orleans Regional Office accepted the Medical Examiners False Report and that they based their Decision on it.

It was not until I spent 30 minutes on the phone with the Regional Director that he understood that in the Medical Examiners (Nurse Practioner) opinion I had no problems and was not Disabled. I told the Regional Director that I did not suffer 25 years and have become unable to work from it to have a Nurse Practioner who is not a Board Certified Orthopedic Doctor to make a Orthopedic opinion on my Claim for Disability. After 30 minutes of gripping and complaining he told me he would look into it.

That is when on Monday April 06,2015 he called me back and stated he had received a opinion from a Medical Doctor and that they had approved me for 20 percent disability. It was not until I received the Letter that I noticed that they did not do it correctly. And I appealed it immediately, as it is False and misleading to use the Nurse Practioner’s C/P Exam report that is Falsified. 

Actual Test that were performed while sitting

Right leg:

*The Examiner moved my leg in a circular motion.

*The Examiner moved my leg in a up and down motion.

Performed while sitting up on table with legs hanging freely.

Left leg:

*The Examiner moved my leg in a circular motion.

*The Examiner moved my leg in a up and down motion.

Performed while sitting on table with legs hanging freely. 

Actual Test performed while laying flat on my back

Right leg:

*The Examiner asked me to bend my leg. And then he shoved it into bending  

Position. I expressed to him that it hurt.

Left leg:

* The Examiner asked me to bend my leg. I told him he will not touch my left  

leg as it had swelling and was painful to even move. That is when he said “Is  

that as far as you bend your leg?” and I replied “that is as far as I am going to  

bend it as it is in tremendous Pain.” That is when he got his genometer and  

measured my degrees on left leg only.

After the Examiner finished measuring my left leg degree he said that was all he needed. In total he spent maybe 10 minutes with me including asking if I had any surgeries. And then the exam only took 5 minutes.

I feel that this C/P Exam was only to find out if I had (PFPS) only, and did not give any consideration to past history. As the only evidence provided to the Medical Examiner was February and March VAMC records. I also feel that if I were given a C/P Exam that had all my Medical Records (Service records,Private records,Hospital records) and any records that pertain to my Claim that the Medical Examiner would come to a different conclusion.

I feel as if all the records were used that the Medical Examiner would be able to see how all of this started in boot camp and progressed over time to what it is today. That is why I am so intent on the truth being known. It would help for the Medical Examiner to have a Orthopedic background of Diagnosis and treatment for orthopedic condition(s).

Albert Dodd

rockiedodd871@gmail.com

318-732-5259  

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Albert Dodd <rockiedodd871@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re Compensation and Pension Examination for Albert Dodd

Dated: June 6,2015

To: Allison Hickey VBA

Mrs.Allison,

I am sending this email to inform you that I received my copy of my C-file from the New Orleans Regional Office on Friday March 29,2015. I have had time to Review what was in my C-File and Filed a Note of Errors with a Curtis Adams of the New Orleans Regional Office at 504-619-4314. I did this on June 02,2015 and informed him that there was a VA Form 21-0820 that explained on February 24,2011 I spoke to Amber Cooper and would send a VA Form 21-4142 for a Dr. Douglas Liles to support my case. 

On February 25,2011 the Board made a Decision on that Claim and Denied my Claim for Compensation. And on March 09,2011 the VA Form 21-4142 arrived in the New Orleans Office Mail room and was never Followed up upon. The only reason it is important is that in this years April 02,2015 Decision that Medical Record from VA Form 21-4142 for Release of Medical Records was based on the Medical Records I was able to get from the Doctors office of Dr. Douglas Liles myself. And the Medical records were used as part of the Decision making process. 

I asked why the VA Regional Office never followed up on this Application for need of assistance. And I asked for a DRO Review of the fact that if the VA Regional Office would of followed up upon this request they would of had the Medical Evidence that was part of the Decision Process for April 02,2015 Decision. And in fact the evidence should point to a Earlier date of Evidence of this dated back to at least March 09,2011. If the evidence is accepted and used to rate the last Decision would it not be feasible to assume that if the VA Regional Office would of followed up on the evidence gathering process they would of found this useful and used it to make a Decision back in 2011.

I would also like to point out that in the same conversation with Curtis Adams from the New Orleans Regional Office that there is Falsified statements made on behalf of the VA Medical Examiner. And when the Medical Examiner Falsifies statements in his Official Report then he has committed a Federal Crime. I asked for advice and wanted to request a New C/P Exam that would not include False statements from a Medical Examiner. Mr. Curtis Adams informed me that they consider the C/P Exam report as Truthful and complete and I would have to take this up with the VAMC that provided the C/P Exam. As it is not their problem to have to go back and ask for accuracy of information on the report. So it is my intention to find out who is responsible for Filing a Note of Disagreement and Falsification of Disability Reports.

As I understand that the VA New Orleans Regional Office and the Review Officers responsibility to examine and make sure the Report from a C/P exam is 100% correct. But the job of the Decision Review Officer Kim Kelley and RVSR Stephen Benton both signed off on the Report of C/P Exam stating all statements and findings were correct. I find this hard to believe in that there is Conflicting statements made by the Medical Examiner and Falsified Statements that he performed certain Exams which Disqualified me for a higher Disability Rating. And when a Veteran wants to Claim that there is Falsified Documents they better have evidence of it. I am here to tell you right now not only can I prove it but have a eye witness that will testify that he did not perform the exams he claimed to have done. I would further add that in the Medical Examiners Report he made statements that were aimed at Disqualifying my Claim for Compensation. And by doing so he formed an opinion to “Determination to Deny” and his testimony is not acceptable. 

I am asking for a Fair C/P Examination not only from the VA but also from a Private Physician of my Choice to clarify all pre-existing and current Disabilities. Then take both Examinations with all the Medical History and make a Fair Decision. As this is not fair to me to base the Decision for Compensation and Rating based on the Non Board Certified Nurse Practioner. I would like to add that this why Doctors go to school for 8-10 years to be able to tell the difference between a Medical condition and a False Statement.

I would like to add that after looking at my C-File no wonder there is so much confusion as my case. As after reviewing the C-File the Veteran Service Representatives do not understand how to proper write a Claim for Disability. And the VA does not know how to properly interpret the information and translate it into practical use. If the VA in my case would look up and understand the Definition of (PFPS Bilateral Patellofemoral Syndrome) and the progression of this disease into Osteoarthritis. And that the Medical examiners statement that my Disability is from Extreme Obesity. Is incorrect in that I was not Obese when I was Discharged and that the Obesity is a result of Functional Loss to my lower legs and the ability to exercise and stay healthy. I would like to add that his assumption that Hypertension and Diabetes is correct in that it is from Obesity. 

I would also like to say that in boot camp I was diagnosed with (ITBS) Iliotibial Band Syndrome. And when reading the Definition it explains that it is caused by the muscles that over work themselves from the Gluetus Maximus and causes the muscles that connect to the Tibia to pull the Patellae off course. And overtime with out being treated properly by the Military Physicians it wore down the cartilage under the Patellae and caused internal damage to the knee and become a chronic problematic disease.

So my Claim for Disability Compensation should of been like this:

*Service Connection for (ITBS) Iliotibial Band Syndrome caused during boot camp  

*Service Connection for (PFPS) Bilateral Patellofemoral Syndrome secondary to (ITBS) Iliotibial Band Syndrome.

*Service Connection for Obesity secondary to (PFPS) secondary to (ITBS)

*Service Connection for Hypertension/Congestive Heart Failure secondary to Obesity secondary to (PFPS) secondary to (PFPS)

*Service Connection for Diabetes secondary to Hypertension/Congestive Heart Failure secondary to Obesity secondary to (PFPS) secondary to (ITBS)

I would like to say that if the VA Service Representatives and the Veterans Administration would of at least as likely tried to look at my Military Service Records and make educated Decisions based on Facts and Knowledge of Medical Conditions and not rely on statements that are Falsified to Deny my Claim we would not be in this position.

So I am willing to stop all this complaining and stirring up non-sense if the VA is willing to set down with me in a Informal Hearing and sort it all out and come to a Medically based conclusion that is truthful.

I feel that if I am able to communicate the Medical Definitions and use them to exhibit my conditions along with the Medical Records and time line of my life then I can without a doubt show the correct Decision. And that the Decision Review Officer would understand that I am the veteran has lived with my body 25 years now and No Medical Examiner can give factual and profound Medical statements that will understand and take into consideration the true facts that only I can show through my statements and that of my Family and friends who have known me all my life. There are mistakes on my part as well as the VA and it is not only my responsibility but also that of the Veterans Administration to sort it out and find the truth and factual statements and medical evidence that is relevant and acceptable.

Thank you for your time,

Albert Dodd

• HadIt.com Elder
11 hours ago, ardodd said:

I find this interesting as when we request our C-file and all contents related to us. Are we sure that we are getting the full version or just the all you need to know version....

...i did not find this out til 2015 because they did not ever process the request for medical records from the doctor. But the records where submitted in the 2015 Claim which they ignored what the doctor said and did to treat me.  

Your RO set you up for "new evidence" which requires a new claim and is dated from that date.  I'm not sure you could claim a CUE except that the RO didn't wait for the evidence.  Still they will claim it wasn't available to him/her.  You'll have to quote those specifics in 3.159 and draw a reasonable judge.

There is that caveat in each provision from your C&P file:  "We are withholding all information which if disclosed: would fall under the deliberative process privilege under FOIA Exemption 5 [5 U.S.C. § 552 (b)(5)]."

It was not in the Record Before the Agency but items were still missing.  To give you an idea, the CD that contained the caveat above was dated 02092017 and 3,157 pages.  The RBA CD dated 11072017 has 4,529 pages with probably another 1,000 pages still missing that ROs didn't get back in the file so the most relevant pages.

In my case most of it is copies from my medical file which should still be intact if I can get a new copy of it as requested or at least the portions that are clearly missing.

54 minutes ago, Lemuel said:

In my case most of it is copies from my medical file which should still be intact if I can get a new copy of it as requested or at least the portions that are clearly missing.

I do find that lots of information and those supposedly processed after the fact or communications where not followed up upon. 

I myself called the VA Q&A line this morning to check up on my Claims for Increase and the Old Intent to File for Unemployability along with the Temporary Total Disability I am filing now since the Total Knee Replacement 2 weeks ago.

In my conversation i did ask what VA Code they rated me under for the 2015 Service-Connected Rating Decision. They rated me under VA Code 5010-5260

5010  Arthritis, due to trauma, substantiated by X-ray findings:

Rate as arthritis, degenerative.

5260  Leg, limitation of flexion of:

Flexion limited to 15° 30

Flexion limited to 30° 20

Flexion limited to 45° 10

Flexion limited to 60° 0

Surprisingly none of this would of ever happened had I not a Poker Buddy who is good friends with the Under Secretary Allison Hickey at that time.

LOL...

I just got a phone call from the VA asking me when i would be able to attend a C/P Exam for both my knee's and for PTSD. I told them all the therapy I have to take from the Total Knee Replacement and this Thursday I have to go back and have the stapples removed from my knee. They said I might have to go on a Saturday or a Sunday depending on if any cancellations are made. Of course I did mention that the C/P exam would depend on the distance needed to travel as i am unable to go long distances right now without pain.