Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

For Vets Who Increase Above 50 Percent.

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

Please be aware that when a Vet gets increased to 50 percent , They are usually placed in priority group one. Once the 50 percent plateau has been reached the Vet can do the following:

Apply to the VA to have Pharmacy Co pays refunded to the Veteran back to the effective date.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Today, I received a check from the Federal Treasury, $158. It was about co-pay on VA medications, I think. :D

I haven't received my Initial Rating, yet, and they are refunding my co-pay? Wonder why they are doing this? I am only currently rated as 10% for Tinnitus. In July 2005, I filed for multiple claims and haven't received a rating yet.

Why would they refund my co-pay on VA meds at this point in my claim(s) ? Any ideas, please?

:huh:

B)

jstacy,

Does this include reimbursment of any prescription co-pays even if they aren`t related to your military disability?

Cavman

It goes back to the effective date. Vets at 50 percent pay $0.00 for prescription copays. You should ask for it all back to the effective date.

Guest jangrin

Have you paid any co-pays for SC disabilities? Also, has your income stayed the same or have you filed a new or different income statement? I know when our income changed we were refunded alot on co-pay.

If you haven't done either one of those, maybe they know something about an award that you haven't received notice of yet. :D That would be kool.

Jangrin B)

I paid a co-pay for meds for ptsd from the time I was diagnose un til I filded a claim and was granted 30%. At that time the va paid me back my co-pays back to the date i applied for disability. I appealed the 30% and was granted 50% awhile later. the va then went back and payed me back for non service co -pays They had collected from me for the remainder of the meds I had recieved from them to the date of my original award, which covered over two years. I did have to pester them a little about it but they did pay me back hope this helps.

kkp

My co-pays refund was over 700 bucks.

It pays to ask for them to be refunded.

sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com