• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions About Va Evaluations?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Went to see my VA Dr yesterday

and I been having issues being depressed, she has put in for me to have a consultation with MH.

Also she put in a consultation for me to see a urologist about my swelled prostate ,the meds I'm taking for it seems to be ''not helping it''

She also put in a consultation for me to be in the MOVE program to help me lose weight./she gave me the option I said I'd give it a try.

She said for me to expect to hear from these clinic's for an appointment.

My question is

will this lead to a C&P on my current compensations? which is hearing loss and that has not got better over the years.

I don't want to go have C& P for my hearing problem I was awarded TDIU P&T 14 Years ago and was to be of nature/no future exams..I'm over 55..(63) anyway.it has not improved & (nothing was said bout my hearing problem)

Although nothing was mention about my current disability.

However this is a New Dr and she was transferred from Comp & Pen ...she is an ex C&P Examiner .

Although I will go to my new consultations as she order for me, I never mention anything about Compensation or increase.....I just remember what happen to carlie.

Any thoughts/opinions on this

Thanks

.....................Buck

4 answers to this question

If these disabilities are not service connected then there will not be a C&P unless you ask for one. Even if the VA scheduled you for an exam you do not have to go. If you do not attend there would be no adverse affect to your rating. You are IU P&T over ten years so they cannot attack your rating. The only requirement of you is complete the IU earnings reporting form annually. If you do not submit this to VA then they could propose a reduction by eliminating your IU.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Matthew Hill,

No not any of these things I'm getting a consultation on are not SC

My Hearing Impairment is SC...90% using extra scheduler ..to 100% TDIU P&T No future Exams Scheduled.

My reasons for this question & concerned

One of our long time elder hadit members carlie went to her VAMC for check-up and Later she received a letter informing her of a C&P on her SC Disability's, which she had over 10 years at SC100% P&T as being static & over the age of 55 with No improvement ,no filing for increase or anything.

just out of the wild blue she received the letter.

Although she never had the exam I think they canceled but she had to go through lot of red tape so to speak. not to mention the worry and stress over it.

As for as sending in the Unemployment Form each year, I did send one in ever year for 7 or 8 10years or so and I received a letter from my RO stating it was not necessary to send in the form.

The last Unemployment Questioner form I sent is was about 4 years ago.

I KEPT THE LETTER IN A SAFE PLACE.

Thank you for your reply.

...............Buck

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

If these disabilities are not service connected then there will not be a C&P unless you ask for one. Even if the VA scheduled you for an exam you do not have to go. If you do not attend there would be no adverse affect to your rating. You are IU P&T over ten years so they cannot attack your rating. The only requirement of you is complete the IU earnings reporting form annually. If you do not submit this to VA then they could propose a reduction by eliminating your IU.

Let's Correct this and state that until you have a 20 year point on any rating, the VA can attack it at anytime, even at 20 the VA can at least question it for IU purpose.....IE, working or some type of fraud. While I am pretty sure the OP here is safe, I would say his age gives more to that than the 14 years on IU. Remember that there exist a 5-10-and 20 year rule on ratings. I will also add that in the 19 years I have had the IU rating, the VA has only ask me one time for a earnings report, I am not sure , but I think they track this with SS earnings report also, maybe that is the reason.

• HadIt.com Elder

This Letter carlie receive surprised all of us here on Hadit!