VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Huntington Ro

Rate this question

kkp

Question

Berta, Josephine, and any one else who wants to jump in.

First: what is a formal 1-9 form, and what is a cavc, Just when I think I'm catching on to this lingo I'm hit with another one.

Berta I think the first time I spoke to Dr. bash he said I could have my whole case appealed to DC court of appeals, and He could have it docketed within three months. He said they didn't have that big of a back log there. From reading your's and Josephine's threads I am assuming this form-9 must be the way to get it out of huntington to DC. Is this correct or not. I am not positive thats what Dr. Bash, so I will call him again and make sure. I think he told me if I had it moved he would represent me on the knee claim, and he knew one of the best Shrinks in the area that would represent me on the ptsd. We talked quite awhile, but I can't hear some tones very well, and his was one of them , plus he is a very soft spoken man. The next time I call him ( I'll tell him of course but my wife can get on an extention ) So there wont be any misunderstandings. My wife has talked to him also and told me she has a little trouble hearing him.

At any rate I am sure he told me the rating should be higher on the ptsd and my knee was absolutely service connected and should have been rated. I post his IMO on my knee.. But if Josephie is correct that the Huntington ro will not accept an IMO unless they request it, I suppose I'm up that famous creek without a paddle, because my appeal on my ptsd and knee are base on IMO's that I paid for. I did file a claim for iu, even though I'm only 50 % ptsd and the affects of all the meds I take. The ro tells me that is where my c-file is at present ( new claim ptsd )

Josephine I dont think I have had any dealings with Brimmer, Lipscromb, or carl ray. carl ray dose sound somwhat familiar. Are they at the huntington ro or are they vet rep's

I certainly hope ( I think it was Time )said these Judges were coming out of retirement was doing so without any additional compensation. If so it makes me wonder if they have a bias and plan to reduce the back log in a hurry and get back to gulfing

kkp

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not understanding the problem with this RO, I live 20 minutes from there and had my claims tranfered to them so I could keep up with it and they are the opposite from Louisville RO.

I subbmitted sever IMO's in my claim for multiple conditions and had no problem with them.

If you are having problems with this RO , you need to contact Senator Rockefellers office.......I have personaly seen these people show up there and chew backsides without hesitation.

This RO is the Senators house and he puts up with no BS when it comes to Vet's.

Any RO MUST accept a IMO, some you may have to force, to get them to read it.

Jr Reihs

Actually I haven't had any problems with them either up to this point. They respond to my e-mails promtly, and I always get to talk someone whin I call. I have noticed things have slowed down lately, and my rep. did tell me they have had a lot of he old staff retire recently and are not replaceing them very fast and the new replacements dont know squat. Ill give them a reasonable amount of time, and then I'l have to do something.

glad you got your case cleared. Maybe you got there at the right time.

kkp

• HadIt.com Elder
Any RO MUST accept a IMO, some you may have to force, to get them to read it.

This is the problem nation wide. Will they read it or your claim file?

I was transferred to Huntington from the Roanoke Office. This may make a difference in my claim.

I received my first C&P from the Roanoke R. O and was given a more likely than not from that C&P.

My niece, immediately signed off on my claim, which I thought she had done when I was in rating, as she is a DRO.

I live in the state of Va and my claims file will always be in Huntington. W. Va. I have a sensitive file with a code 6 and you must have security clearance to open it.

When I was at Huntingon for one year, I never received and answer to any of my letters and could not call them as the 800 number took me back to Roanoke.

When I ask Roanoke about my claims file, they said they had no ideal of what Huntington was doing to it.

I was sent to Huntington for rating and instead received that stupid C&P with the Board of two psychiatrist. I have been fighting those two ever since.

I feel that Huntington send me to them to get rid of me.

Brimmer, Limbscom are with the Huntington R. O.

Carl Ray is the Service Manger.

I have no ideal if they have Counselors or not at that office.

Mike Lyons is my rep with The West Va. Veterans Affairs( In name only)

I do all of my own research on my claim.

Since I am a resident of the state of Virginia, No Senator or Congressman can help me in West Va.

JStacy, Had excellent results with the Huntington Office.

You may be fine with them.

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

Josephine,

if you call the senators office I bet they will help you, as I stated this is Rocks Pet Peav and they do not fool around when it comes to Vet's........They will help you regardless of what state you are from since Hunt RO controlls your claim. ...Call them , its worth a shot.

• HadIt.com Elder

JR Reihs ,

if you call the senators office I bet they will help you, as I stated this is Rocks Pet Peav and they do not fool around when it comes to Vet's........They will help you regardless of what state you are from since Hunt RO controlls your claim. ...Call them , its worth a shot.

I wrote a letter to Senator Byrd and he stated common courtesy to turn the letter over to Senator Warner of Va.

Do you have a phone number for Senator Rockfellow. I have contacted President Bush and Honorable Daniel Cooper, Under Secretary for Veterans Benefits.

It is worth giving it a shot.

thanks,

Josephine