Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Doc's

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to my VA Doc last week, I been feeling more depressed and she did diagnose me with MDD About 6 months ago, well last week I went to my 6 month check up and I mention to her the meds she put me on don't seem to be helping, so she change my meds for this.

I also mention to her that I had been feeling very tried and fatigue during the day no energy what so ever and no hard work or moving around to cause me to be this tired, and my bones hurt and ache all over like when you have a bad case of the flu.

The vist with the Doc went good I guess but now she set me up appointment for the pain clinic just because I mention to her I ache all over like flu like symptom's but no flu

Looks like to me she is an MD and qualified to prescribe me some type of medicine to help me feel better,, other than sending me to the pain clinic.

or been more through with the examination.

Anyone ever went through something like this?

..............Buck

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the future for us...cheaper than paying for prescriptions and most finally give up. I have never had a pain clinic help me with anything. They are screening more than anything else, trying to debunk pain issues, not really to treat them from my past experiences.

• HadIt.com Elder

oh yeah I agree TALON II FE

I've been to the pain clinic number of times.

...................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

yeah I guess so...

I have soreness all over arms legs shoulders....I have Pain in my knees/joints from arthritis

I guess the pain clinic deifiers between the two?

................Buck

All they ever did for me is try and set up "pain support groups" where the participants would talk about what (non-medically) helped. ex: I lay on my back with a heat pad for one hour while watching TV after work. Things like that, essentially a support group for people that are not being given meds or there meds aren't working. It was a waste of time for me. The facilitator is Mental Health, not a physician, which, I guess, is there way of saying it's all in your head. GL!