VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diabetes

Rate this question

spearhead91

Question

Good info Slick I'm trying to find an old A1C lab to see what I'm at. I think I'm in the pre-diabetes stage which is just as bad(mother had diabetes II GRHS) My PCP records since getting out show random high and average readings for glucose which doesn't make any sense. And the majority we're fasting. Bleh.

Now I have to find the lab that I saw that on to confirm. I have random spiking glucose levels from what I can see in my PCP..STR they don't even check unless I'm missing them in my copy of my STR.

Slick

Make sure you do some research on the complications of DM II as there are many. If you have any you need to file a claim for them as well. I currently have peripheral neuropathy and it has been denied so I had the neuro Doc fill out a DBQ and I am filing a NOD for it. Make sure you keep your glucose levels in line because you don't want these complications.

Boomer2,

Understand the possible implications and appreciate the reminder. Diabetes runs in the family and I've been in the "pre" stage forever. Have a new VA doc and he started me on the meds to lower it before I filed the claim. Side affect was a weight loss also as although I watch the diet- no bread, sugar, minimum diet Dr. pepper, etc. the physical fitness is limited for other reasons

Good news Slick..for the pre meds getting taken care of. Same here family history and I can't find my A1C results anywhere. I'm going to have ask my PCP now for the test and see where I'm at and go from there. My endocronoligst(sp) already has me on no bread, potates period. Drink 0 cola Blue Label 2liter or 12 pk cans, no sugar, caffenine nothing. A bit of a new taste to get used to but nothing like cracking a cold one this summer. I can have sweet potatoes and I cheat with 2% cheese. That's where I draw the line. And basically trying the paleo diet all protein and fiber for other issues.