Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Service Connection Granted Question

Rate this question

Ryguy

Question

So I've been fighting the va since March, 2008 trying to get upper back and neck service connection, and finally today I got notification from BVA that the ORDER: Service Connection for a cervical spine disability is granted, subject to the laws and regulations governing the payment of monetary benefits.

The first page stated that my records are being returned to the Department of Veteran Affairs office having jurifidiction over this matter.

My question is: Are the records being reviewed for a rating? or would I have to have another examination in order to get a rating? I just had a c&p exam for a remand in March of 2015.

Someone please give me some insight on this, as i'm a little confused.

Since you just had an C & P exam in March 2015 VA will most likely not order a new C & P exam but you never know with VA. You bigger problem is once your file gets back to your local office and gets to the rating adjudicator, your rating percentage and or your effective date may be screwed up. As usual the only thing you can do is wait.

ohhh wow. I keep reading that a lot of people have problems with the retro. I didn't think i'd have a problem when my letter from the BVA clearly states "This case is before the BVA on appeal from March 2008 and April 2009 ratings by VARO in Chicago?

Thanks a lot Pete for the insight

Congrats.

The BVA does not grant a disability percentage "in the first instance", so it will be up to your VARO to decide a disability percentage and effective date, if and when they get around to implementing the BVA decision. It took Cleveland 3 years to implement my VARO decision, even tho it was supposed to be done timely.

wow, did they ever say why it took 3 years? also was this recently that it took 3 years, thats scary, i've litterally just lost all of my excitement aftering hearing this!!

Congrats on the movement and as stated above really hard to say until you receive the final award. Good luck and God Bless

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars