Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Medical Benefits Enrollment And Claim Status?

Rate this question

TALON II FE

Question

Does it play any part in claims? Is it a "marker" for a case reaching any particular status, etc? I received a call from what looked to be an international # today (saturday) and I didn't take it but on voicemail it was the VA confirming enrollment in their medical system and wanting to discuss benefits. There was also a couple letters available on ebenefits now relating to this. I have been in prep for decision for 2 months now. Could this indicate they are closing in on a decision or is it completely unrelated? How do you discover what "priority group" you are in? (I can't get the image of flying SouthWest out of my head every time I think about this, I guess I was on standby before, lol). I have TriCare, so never really worried about VA healthcare, but hey sent me a 1010 form a bit ago and I filled it out and returned it.

6 answers to this question

That's a big red flag for a scam. If the VA (benefits) called you, it would be from your RO. If it was from VA medical, it would be from your VAMC. Never would they be calling you "internationally", like from Nigeria.

If you want to make sure, call your RO or VAMC, and ask for that person. Check on ebenefits. Or "call Peggy". Dont give unknown people your SSN, credit card number, bank account numbers, or pin codes.

This was the number: +1178535038001

But, in the message it gave me the 866-400-1237 and a reference number. I don't know why it showed that number though on my phone. Maybe the voice mail came when my phone was off and charging, so the "weird" number could be unrelated. I do still have contacts internationally that call sometimes out of the blue. I do now have VA letters available in the documents on ebenefits and they were not there a few days ago. Just wondering if it signals anything on an initial claim straight out of service or not. Also, how can you tell what priority group you are in?

• HadIt.com Elder

TALON II FE

I Agree with broncovet,

don't give out your information over the phone.

priority groups are assigned during enrollment in the VA Health Care System each veteran is in a group depends on his/her S.C. Disability and the % rated... group 1 is rated 50%or more.

group 2 is rated 30 to 40%

group 3 is 10 to 20% POW's , veterans awarded the Purple Heart Medal,Medal of Honor

group 4 is veterans receiving increase comp for A&A Permanently Housebound determined to be catastrophically disabled by the VA.

group 5 is non-service connected veterans

group 6 ,7 ,8 is 0% SC Veterans & project 112 SHAD Veterans and the rest of the groups deals with low income and co-pay via means test.

For Information on these groups

call 1-877- 222-VETS (8387)

...................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Called and I am in the group for Iraq right now, so no hint on my claim. Still sitting waiting for a decision, with everything else done and all records received, from what Peggy tells me.

I can see a doc for free and get free meds thru tricare, so I won't use them anyways just so they can charge me $15 a visit and $8 a month for each prescription. I don't have it, because the haven't finished my claim and still no response to IRIS I sent in, but I didn't expect one yet.