VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help! Va Requesting All Dr Records In 15 Days!?!

Rate this question

spearhead91

Question

Hello all,

We came home this afternoon and received a VA letter stating I needed to provide all medical records within 15 days of the letter dated 2 days ago 07/21. It is now evening of 07/23. Does this sound correct? I scrubbed all the names etc and left the basics. My major problem is they left off my main DR for my service connection major point. And another two DR's were not on the list. I have copies all my important exams and MRI's in digital form so I'm good there. This just seems very odd.

How or what do I do here? Attaching the from I received. My VSO has not contacted me at all about any of this.

spearhead91

post-19806-0-68723700-1437695830_thumb.j

I didn't see it mentioned here, but make sure your name and SS/VA number is on each sheet. Not sure how stringent they are with that rule, but DSO that I work with had a stamp made with changeable numbers so when submitting docs to the VA for various vets, he didn't have to write the SS# on each document. I asked him about it when we were going over docs to be sent in and he said the VA is requiring that the name and SS# be on each page.

Get those documents in NOW.

OSC

Good quick hack for adding your name and SSN to all medical documents you might have. Make a new file..adjust the page layout settings and remove the top margin. Save the file with your name/SSN at the top. Take your other documents you may have load them in the printer hopper and than go to back to file you made and pre count how many pages you need and than print on top of your documents. Tada! All sorted and name/SSN on top of each page now. No need for stamp or handwriting.

Example: Doe John XXX XX XXXX that is all the file needs. Worked like a charm.

Funny story contacting one of the medical offices today about medical release forms and faxing. Quote "I received this request last week from them(VA) and I have the fax receipt to prove it." So it's almost as if they sent this letter and some of the medical offices were already sending. I have my faxes all out to them with medical released signed. I have my copy of all relevant documents with my name//SSN on all documents. Will also send them the faxed medical release forms I signed as someone suggested. Then will send Certified Mail, priority overnight with return receipt as suggested.

Anything else?

• HadIt.com Elder

They do duff like that all the time, Hope that you got copies to deliver to them. Suggest a cover letter with documents listed and make them sign for it.

All completed. Highlighted certain sections. Cover page for each medical DR. Will just use a big paper clip for each section will not staple anything. VA Letter and medical release forms signed and faxed and will be sent in also. Certified Mail, Priority Overnight with Return Receipt. ((Side note 2nd provider talked with today had already faxed in info last week, so that's 2 so far)) Progress.

Also noticed late last night in eBenefits my VSO rep shows there now and my claim is there now where I can upload any future documents. So officially marked "Under Review". Frustrating part though it shows the expected completion date range of April 2016 to Oct 2016. Wow!

Only point of contention I have now is my intent to file Date is on the top of page with a 2 month older date than the claim date where I can see all my issues listed. Is that normal?

UPDATE: And now my dates got pushed back even further. Things that make you go hmmm?

Edited by spearhead91