VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Then Letter From C&p Nurse Practitioner Whro Did It?

Rate this question

Vet2015

Question

This is what I got rated for after my C&P for increase on lumbar strain... post-20403-0-47949200-1437951591_thumb.j

A few days later I get these 2 letters from the nurse practitioner who did the c&p?

post-20403-0-26506200-1437951653_thumb.j post-20403-0-73683200-1437951687_thumb.j

Should I add DDD as a secondary?

Should I add Radicular bilateral as secondary?

Should I just leave the 20% rating alone and settle?

I am very confused on this one.....

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

The retrolisthesis is spinal instability. This happens when the disc's allow for movement between the vertebra, so that one vertebra slides back over the top of the lower one. It is the direct opposite of spondylolisthesis, retro is 2.5mm or greater movement so you are grade 1 at 3mm, not real bad but it can get worse... grade 5 is where the entire vertebra is moved completely off the lower, like completely severed.

DDD is normal, aging process, and lumbar strain can cause DDD to advance quicker than normal. DDD can be directly tied to retrolisthesis. Level of degeneration of the disc can tie the injury to the military record, ecspecially if you are younger. Mine was bone on bone, 30 years down the road, the disc was gone, evidence of an old injury existed.

Both of these issues can cause stenosis, in the spine or the foraminal area's. Stenosis is where the nerves are compressing/pinching in and/or as they exit the spine. Raduculpathy is caused by Stenosis, the worse it gets, the more it affects legs/feet/weakness/dropfoot...etc.

So the whole thing can be tied together without a doubt.

The key to your success is to find a good spine surgeon that will review your medical history, and because it is already a part of the service records, would give you an opinion that the conditions you currently have are secondary to what is contained in the service records. You already have opinions that these are not, so to get a good opinion for you is important.

Edited by pwrslm