Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Ok, just got VA letter stating 30% for pes cavus(claw foot) w/plantar fasciitis. It does not say bilateral or not. Ebennies says same as well. On myHealthevet on the notes it has from the C&P exam, the examiner wrote this;

For both feet,

pes cavus(736.71)

plantar fasciitis(726.73)

Metatarsalgia(no code listed)

sequelae of heel and arch pain w/plantar fasciitis

metatarsal pain.

And for L foot only,

Hallux rigialis, mild to moderate.

Should not all these things be listed on my letter and disabilities list on ebennies? I know the VA likes to lowball everything they can, or just give one condition and ignore the rest. What say you?

Talon,

Well, for starters, I know both of my big toes hurt all the time, mostly it's a burning sensation. But this morning on my drive in to work, I noticed my L big toe went numb, no tingling or pins and needles, just numb, like it wasn't there.

I started wearing inserts/insoles while on AD, that I purchased myself. But as for orthotics...it would have been since '99, from the VA. And I received 1 or more injections into the L arch to help relieve symptoms from bone spurs caused by the plantar fasciitis. Which then caused nerve damage within a week or so, of the injection.

Not sure about the hammer toes.

The doc who did the EMG, and ordered the ASO for my L ankle, surmised that the issue is being caused by the back...I do believe I need to file a claim for that separately, but not quite sure what to list the claim as. I think she was telling me, in her "not saying it out loud" kind of way, that I need to claim radiculapathy for that. Especially since she is the same who ordered the MRI that shows the S1-L5 moderate to severe narrowing of the neural foramina-bilaterally.

Thanks again, Talon, for your opinions on this. I wait anxiously for others to chime in and add their 2 cents worth...cuz those pennies do add up over time!

Andy

Semper Fi!

Radiculopathy is probably a good angle. I would expect that they will send you to Pain Management at some point to try Corticosteroid injections on it. I never received any relief from them (actually made it worse for a few weeks each time) with my cervical issues, but, I have heard from others that they are more effective for lower back and they can do the localized numbing there which lasts a few days, too. Maybe you will get some relief from them.

I would be willing to go through with the shots if and when they service connect me...which will be in the near future, once I file that claim. I received a shot in my foot to alieveate pain from plantar fasciitis caused bone spurs...and said shot led to nerve damage. I have a lump in my foot in the general area where the shot came out of the needle tip. The C&P examiner was able to feel it, too.