Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Decision In 3 Days On A Rexamination

Rate this topic

parforever

This story is unbelievable! (quick back ground: I have been 100% scheduler since 2007 to include 30% for PTSD) I received a phone call last month and was told I had an appointment at a QTC contractor for a PTSD examination for an increase that I asked for. I politely told the lady that I never asked to be rexamined. She told me it must be a scheduled reexam by the VA and that I needed to be there. Two hours later they called me and said can you do it tomorrow and I told them no as I wanted to know what was going on. So in the end I went to see a Dr on the 16 of July at a QTC clinic. On the 23rd of July, 3 business days later I noticed on ebenefits that a decision was made, approved and sent to my home and they never looked at my other 15 conditions. I have yet to get the letter but called the VA and said what up? They said they couldn't tell me over the phone and I had to wait for the letter. Then she asked me what my rating was before and I told her 100% and then she said nothing changed. Looked at ebenefits again and saw a Dependent Educational Assistance under my benefits. So in three days the VA made a decision that nothing had changed in 8 years and then awarded me P&T. Yes I said they did that in 3 days...wow! I never wanted to ask for P&T as I didn't want to kick the gift horse in the mouth and now this. Not one of my service conditions changed in rating since day 1 so wondering if P&T will be effective this month or from the 2007 considering my percentages on all my conditions were the same as today. If so then can I go back and ask for Chapter 35 benefits for the years of college that our kids attended.

Congratulations! I'm sure others more knowledgeable Chap 35 experts will chime in soon. When I received my P&T BBE approx. 3 weeks ago the RO hinted my school age child might be entitled to additional benefits based on continuous school attendance at an approved institution from the effective date of my award and forward. So input from those who have experienced the process will benefit you and I as well. God bless you and thank you for your service and sharing your success. Jumpmaster

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use