Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success!! and question

Rate this topic

RickH

Hi All,

Just check ebnnies and my rate went from 10% to 60%. I want to thank you all for

your help during this process. I haven't rec'd the BWE( I've waited 8 years to say that),

it looks like retro on ebenies.

My question is: I noticed that my spouse was not included in my monthly amount? Is this common when

you go from the lower rates to rates where spouses are included. Do I have to point her out somehow?

Thanks again,

RickH

have you made sure she is added as a dependent already via ebenfits?  if not add them today and make sure you get that retro as well.

If you already have them listed, it might be an oversight on their part.

if she is already on it, it could be a possibility that they do the calculation for benefits seperately.  I am not 100% on this (i have memory issues) but i vaguely remember that when i had my first award from nothing to 60% i was paid at the single rate and then seperately for the dependent retro (my wife) a month later.

I would definitely keep an eye on this.  If you were married the entire time the retro goes back (your original EED) date, then just calculate the difference between the single rate (they look like they will pay you now) and the veteran plus spouse rate.  I would send in a  IRIS question, statment in support of claim, as well as contact ask your VSO on this stating X difference that is due you.  attach a copy of your marriage certificate and copy of decision paperwork that shows the EED date, make it so simple a caveman could do it. 

For now just wait until the money actually hits your bank and the decision letter comes in, they could surprise you and be competent.

also how far back are we talking? are you retired from the military, etc.?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use