Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DFAS AUDIT-DELIVERS RETRO DEPOSIT

Rate this topic

Jumpmaster

DFAS AUDIT POST UPDATED

On July 31, 2015 retiree account statement message section online states base on information received from the VA your CRDP amount is XXXXX dollars.

The nice DFAS customer friendly lady advised there's no completion date, your RD award letter is  in file but nothing has been done,  because it had not been entered by VA folks and gave me the call Peggy at 1-800-827-1000 when I started to laugh, she cracked up in laughter and said it takes 30-60 days to complete after VA INITIATES the audit. but I don't see any date from VA..

I called Peggy and advised DFAS stated nothing should have been withheld for verified 20 yrs or more service.   Peggy said duhhhhh I don't know sir but I'll send a message they have  10 days to reply.  Being persistent and turning up the heat on ineffectiveness may result in someone at VA to moving forward on important matters such as payout of your CRDP retro.

The DFAS audit completed August 13, 2015 and direct deposit of withheld retro hit my account on August 25, 205.  If there are other retirees still in waiting more than 30-60 days try calling DFAS at 1-800-321-1080 to verify audit status.  You can also fax your rating decision to kick start action at DFAS  but  remember the initiator that starts the Audit remain at the VARO.  Wouldn't it be nice if the major VSO's inside the RO could start a project that eliminated the military retiree audit process.  I think the VA should pay out verified retiree retro in one lump sum after you win your claim.  A check box for raters should work well within the VA's new technology improvements. 

I'm shocked that Houston RO acted faster than expected so I'm giving them a positive shout out and thank them for their service delivery of benefits for my family.  God bless everyone at Hadit retirees become proactive and unclog your retro withheld for CRDP audit.  JMHO.

When I received my initial rating I also had to initiate a phone call to DFAS and fax over my award letter.  Somehow the VA dropped the ball (my initial was out of St. Louis for BDD program).  I live in Texas and Houston is now my RO and so far they have been very good to me. Good to hear that retro hit your account. :D 

Folks

It seems that occasionally, the VA makes a mistake with the retro but the main thing is to call and follow up with an IRIS to ensure that it's on the radar. The key is the DFAS Audit and once that's done, they will transmit audit data to the VA on the 19th of the month and then they usually pay a few days later.  I found a call to DFAS is a good idea about 30 days after you get a decision on your claim. That notifies everyone that you are aware that you are due the retro and things move then..as the system does it's work...anyway...good luck and Godspeed Rootbeer22

Edited by rootbeer22

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use