Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD by Veterans Evaluation Services?

Rate this question

freedomisntfree

Question

Received a call today from VES Veterans Service Services. They told me they were assigned my case and would be setting me up with a C&P! I asked what was the C&P for? In response they said it was for PTSD.

At first I started having panic and high anxiety. So I called my service rep and asked just what is going on. I felt I was being blind sided because I am scheduled for the RRTP inpatient treatment for PTSD next month for 9 weeks. My service rep told me it was because I filed a NOD in 2011 on my original rating of PTSD. He said the new C&P would be used to evaluated my PTSD and if I was not satisfied then afterwards I could file a SOC.

Has this ever happened to anyone and is this how it is usually done?

If it is since this is not the VA but an outside agency do they do a fair assessment?

I have already been low balled by the VA with the first rating of 50% when all the evidence pointed to 70% or even 100%. Records clearly show serious impairments with work, social and hospitalization twice due to suicide attempts.

I don't really know what to expect from this outside agency so I requested my wife be present to help me follow through with it and help if my anxiety level spikes.

All I can do is be honest with the doctor and hope for the best!

Any other suggestions?