Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Effective Claim date?

Rate this question

SARDOG

Question

So after 10 months my claim has gone through.  It went through 4 days after my C&P! Have been awarded 50%.  My question is that i filed my claim on 11/29/2014, but the claim date on ebenefits lists two effective claim dates.  One states December 1, 2014 date of last change, and the other says 11/29/2013.  The letter i got from the DAV says effective date 11/29/2013 as well.  I haven't received my "official" VA packet yet and i know it will probably explain everything, but I was wondering what the deal was or if it was just a typo?

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA scale is always in the rears. If your award date is 11/29 The pay date is 12/1. 

There is always a change in december because that is the month the cost of living increase is added. That changes the scale so they put that into your record for each cola adjustment.

SARDOG,

It is my understanding that first time claimants who filed a fully developed claim (FDC) prior to August 5, 2015 would receive an extra year of retroactive benefits. This would explain why your effective date is one year earlier than the date you filed your claim.  If you are not a first time claimant or did not file an FDC claim, I don't how to explain the earlier effective date. JMO