Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I saw my VSO....

Rate this question

jlandryit

Question

I hope this is in the right section..

I went to see my VSO last week because i haven't heard anything from my claim recently.
He looks in the files and there is a decision made on 8/04/2015 that i am 100% bipolar and PTSD
and 10% for my back. They gave effective date of when i filed my claim back in April of this year.

I have a few questions about this. How long before i get official letter? Secondly they denied my claim back in
2002 because my original medical records from Army read personality disorder but the decision letter states I never had one
Can i appeal back to the 2002 date? Also the PA from VES never used anything to measure my range of motion for my back.
I was in and out of that exam in less than 30 minutes should i file an appeal on that?

Last but not least it also said that the 100% rating it isn't permanent and that i would be scheduled for exam
in future. What does that mean and how can i make it permanent? And what does being 100% disabled actually mean? And
can i still see my private mental health people or will VA want me to go exclusively to them?

Its not a money issue for me its just so i can get the help i deserve after fighting the VA since 1996 went i was discharged.

Thank you for your time and for your knowledge

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

jlandryit

can you post the reasons and bases..that will help everyone to help you, as for as your EED with there decision based on your EED yes you can appeal that as long as you have the evidence.dating back to those dates you wish to get the EED.

if your not consider P&T then your 100% rating is temporary  and they will schedule you an exam within the next 2 years or sooner usually within the year.

if your symptoms  warrant the P&T you can Appeal that too!  remember they rate on the symptoms and not the disability.  (how bad the disability is)

you can Appeal the bad  C&P exam also.

other hadit elders can chime in  for better info.

JMO

.............Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!