Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Almost there... I think..

Rate this topic

beardedveteran

Hello,

Claim moved from gathering evidence to preparation for decision on 20AUG15. Ebenefits says my claim should be closed from 21SEP15-05OCT15. I feel I may be waiting a bit longer, if nothing has been decided yet. Not really sure what to expect. Claim was submitted on 02JUN15. Going on 5 months.  Any one have any recent success out of SAN JUAN, PR VA?

Regards,

BV

Edited by beardedveteran

My 1st cousin case was just closed from there with a 100% P&T success.  Warning: They did mess up on the effective dates which are easily correctable.....his stayed in 'decision' mode for about 2 weeks before he got his letters via ebenefits!!!  Rule of thumb 'always check your ebenefit benefits letter.....if ANY changes happen it will instantly reflect in this letter!!!!

I will add that there are several "letters" in this category, and you want the "Benefit Summary" letter on ebenefits.   I do agree this letter is often the "first sign" for Veterans they have got their benefits, but dont pay any attention to the "effective date" on the letter...its usually December 1, because that is when Cola goes into effect (if we get a Cola).  

Most of ebenefits is notoriously unreliable, but the "Benefit summary" letter is amazingly reliable.  Its likely because VA does not want to get caught in lies..if this letter said I was 100%, but then VA said I was only 40 percent, they may have to actually do what they said.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use