Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Timeline after Appeal Appointment

Rate this question

AppealingMarine

Question

Hey all,

I recently found this site and I have searched everywhere on these questions (which may have been posed, but I could not find it). I am a OIF Infantry Marine veteran that has been in the appeal process for 5 years now and I had my appeal appointment to get checked out again this past summer. My question was basically what is the average timelime after the "recheck" appointment to get some sort of decision back? I have called the VA benefits customer service numerous times in the past 4 months and my appeal has been stuck at my regional office since. My ebenefits says this "Your appeal has been sent back for further development by the Board to the Appeals Management Center or to the office that made the original decision on your case." with the status of "remanded appeal". What does this all mean? Am I close to seeing my decision?

I am just getting a little nervous about my financial situation since I have a newborn. My wife and I are praying this could help us out. Thank you for answering this.

I did post this in Ebenefits question, but  I am unsure if it was the right area.

6 answers to this question

Your appeal has been sent back for further development by the Board to the Appeals Management Center or to the office that made the original decision on your case." with the status of "remanded appeal". What does this all mean? Am I close to seeing my decision?

You should get and answer soon its been sent there for more information they need.  You say u had a recheck appeals appointment

I'M guessing u had another C&P exam. Did you go to get a copy of exam from your medical center???. If not

go get a copy, should tell u whether it was good or bad. Maybe call the 202# at top of forum not sure if its still active or not

it was some good use at one time

Edited by RUREADY

Yes I did have another CP exam that was not at a medial center but a medical office in Nashville. Thanks for telling me about the number and I will call that tomorrow morning. I was thinking it should be time soon for my status since it has been 5 years. 

My NOD was filed in March of 2009 and my Appeal hearing was in July of 2015, so that's a little more than 6 years. But after the hearing, it was less than three months from hearing to notification, and that was with six issues before the Judge.

hang in there Marine!

Semper Fi

I got a remand from Cavc in August back to BVA something new showed up on

Ebenefits today "" waiting to be put back in docket or when you file I9 something like that,I never seen this before

docket #  is in 2009 so maybe it will get to the judge next year this time.

My NOD was filed in March of 2009 and my Appeal hearing was in July of 2015, so that's a little more than 6 years. But after the hearing, it was less than three months from hearing to notification, and that was with six issues before the Judge.

hang in there Marine!

Semper Fi

Okay, so you received your percentage decision then? I am just wondering if the "remand" is the final step in this case and I haven't heard about anything else. I wish I could contact someone just so I know that if I need to do anything else, they can let me know. The 1000 number doesn't tell me anyting. I heard the average was around 3-4 months after the hearing, but I am still waiting since mine was in May 2015.

Thanks again, Semper Fi

Yes, the BVA granted 20%, 10%, and 10% and granted SC for another condition. I have a feeling I'll be waiting awhile for retro to show up and the remand will take forever too. I've not ever had to deal with a remand or these types of results from the BVA, so I don't know. It sounds like you just need to wait (I know, sorry) until you get the decision in the mail.

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Wilky