VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Notice Of C&p Exam

Rate this question

Brandy

Question

Can anyone tell me what GM might mean? This is abbreviated like this after appointment date and time.

C&P/GM

C&P/EYE

I know that the eye is for my husband's eye exam because we claimed diabetic Retiopathy. But I don't know what the GM stands for.

The other question I have is, do the exam doctors really use the examination work sheets that are posted on the VA's website? If so, do they cover pretty much everything on the exam worksheet?

Also, if they require lab work to be done, would they elect not to get labs done if in our records we have lab work dated about 5-months ago?

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

When I went to my C&P exams done through QTC couple months ago, they sent me to an internal medicine doctor for arthrithis and neuropathy conditions. This was her first time doing any C&P for the VA. I am waiting to see what she wrote in the reports even though she said at exam that i was definitely entitled to compensation?

Guest jangrin
Jangrin,

Thanks for the information. I will have to go thru the records and make copies of the most recent. I have well over 600 pages of medical reports.

Brandy,

Now you have made sure copies of all those records were sent to the RO in support of your husbands claim. right?

Jangrin

When I went to my C&P exams done through QTC couple months ago, they sent me to an internal medicine doctor for arthrithis and neuropathy conditions. This was her first time doing any C&P for the VA. I am waiting to see what she wrote in the reports even though she said at exam that i was definitely entitled to compensation?

Did you request a copy of the exam? It seems like you would have received a copy by now, since it has been a couple of months ago since your exam

I finally got a call back from the C&P scheduler about what my husband's exam's are for. They said the he will be examined for:

1. Injuries to residuals: Wrist, Pelvis and chest/rid fractures with pulmonary contusion/pneumothorax

2. GM - Diabetes and all secondary conditions claimed. i.e. PN, Hypertension, CAD, kidney failure, etc. (this is the one that we thought was for "General Medicine". But it sounds like the RO specified to the examiner exactly what to check for.

3. Eye Exam - Claiming Diabetic Retiopathy

Everyone ever had these type's of exam's? We are just wondering what to expect. For Hypertension I would think they would have to take blood pressure on 3-different days? Howerver, I did read that this may not be necessary if the medical evidence shows a history of HBP. We have submitted records showing diagnosis and readings dating back to 1980's from a VA clinic.

They told me that I would not need to bring any records as long as I have already submitted them to the RO, because the examiner will have my husband's file. I still plan on taking some with us.