Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Address Change 3 Years Ago

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

I have a question for anybody who knows. I have a claim or an appeals

suppose to be at BVA but yet my old RO is asking for information. Its says we are working

on your claim.... The only claim I have is at or suppose to be at BVA. They need to complete my Employment

Questionnaire. I ve change RO three years ago and they give me 10 days to summit it.

Even though I change address and RO do my claim get process through my old RO??? Anybody

6 answers to this question

I can tell you that one of my old RO's is processing my current claims, made two out-of-state moves since last living there, in the last 4 and a half years.

I suspect the fact they had my C-File is how that was decided.

Edited by green

Green

I just have he remand appeals for EED and I just check ebenefits and it has it with the judge

I also thought the 21-4140-1 was not use anymore but I guess somebody said wrong.

Just cant see why my old RO would ask for this now and I have ask my file be transfer from my old

RO w long time ago was told it would be but who can you trust in VA

• HadIt.com Elder

PUREADY,

I Moved and I went to the BVA they have a form you can fill out  that places your new Address within the whole VA System, as for as your old RO working your claim I believe if you filed the claim with them they are the ones to work your claim..unless you state other wise  there's a form for that too

if you never filled out a form requesting to change your RO then your claims stay with your original RO.

As for as filling out the employment questioner..I have not filled one out since 2012, My RO sent me a letter stating I didn't need to send in the 21-4140.anymore...so I have not sent them on in 3 years now..some say if you don't receive the letter   then its safer to send one in every year just to be safe.

I'm not sure why I got the letter? could be my age  or the concurrency running on my disability  which is just 13 1/2 Years ,so I'm not safe until the 20 year  rule

If your not sure? be better to send one in.

jmo

.............Buck

...............Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Thanks Buck & green I did go to the RO and had it change but after three years maybe they

don't have it yet. lol I don't want my old RO involve with the decision but looks like

I have no choice inn that decision. It took me 5 years to get a SSOC with Bob help

now they are in a rush for my employment form. I fax a copy, I downloaded it to ebenefits,

and today I will take one to the RO in ATL and maybe get a decision by XMAS. At least it with

the judge now

Edited by RUREADY

I tried to download the form to ebenefits but Catch 22 if you download information

to us it will delay the process of your claim//// why would I  send the form through ebenefits if delays

You cant send information to eb without causing a new claim file??