VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where do I send my NOD?

Rate this question

mcarter985

Question

Good morning!  I'm submitting my NOD for an increase in the awarded rating (I received 50% and think I deserve 70%).  I'm also submitting additional evidence the rater did not have access to.  My original RO in California (San Diego) handled the claim but we have since moved to Florida.  In my reward letter it states to send the NOD to the RO that issued the decision yet it also states to send all correspondence to one of two Evidence Intake Centers.  If I'm supposed to send it to an intake center which one should I send it to...for California it's in Janesville, WI and in Florida it's in Newman, GA?  I'm in Florida now but the decision was sent from San Diego RO.  Should I send it to everyone?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Buck and Broncovet.  I'll send it to Janesville and see what happens.  I do want San Diego to process it.  I went into eBenefits and changed my address there and every other Government site I could think of but will also include it with my appeal.

• HadIt.com Elder

The claims Intake Center should change your Address if you report it to them, usually the RO that is working your claim  the claim usually stays with that RO rather you move or not...unless you request for another RO...this is for your ongoing claim.

Now say 2 or three years from now you file a new claim  you will have a Different Claims intake Center to send it in too  and  they will select a RO.The claims intake centers or divided nation wide  east/west depending on where the veteran lives.

As of March 2015 All claims should be submitted to your designated Claims Intake Center for processing.

They send the claim to what ever RO needs to process your claim.

this is supposed to speed things up...we'll see?

Edited by Buck52

Thanks again!  Now, a final question...I'm really going for a DRO Review/Reconsideration based on new evidence (a Vet Center Letter they did not receive in time).  Do I still use the NOD form for that and stipulate a DRO Review on the form?  Or is that just a simple letter requesting the review?

• HadIt.com Elder

You can ask in your NOD for a DRO Review, They should send you a letter letting you know they received your Request. and they will be letting you know when that will be.

.......Buck