Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

T-bird --- Now My Id Is Messed Up

Rate this question

RockyA1911

Question

TBird,

Something went amiss with the new upgrade. You now have me listed a "Chief Petty Officer" in my user id info. I was never in the Navy at all. When I signed on I input my data as a GySgt USMC. I spent 10 years, 9 months, and 22 days active service in the USMC. Please correct. Makes me wonder if all the other folks userids are messed up too. I see jstacy is listed now as a "Master Chief Petty Officer" too.

What is going on with this stuff. You've got everyone in the Navy now!!!!!

Edited: I just went through all the recent posts and threads since the new upgrade and yep!!!! Everyone is in the Navy now, either a Petty Officer 1st Class, Chief Petty Officer, or Master Chief Petty Officer, and Second Class Petty Officer.

Please correct this stuff, it is all out of whack. The only things correct on mine are the amount of posts, join date, member No., and old webboard name.

I am surprised a lot of the vets here haven't caught this besides me. And I have a severe cognitive disorder.

Edited by RockyA1911

• HadIt.com Elder

Like it or not the Marine Corps is considered part of the Navy. So, I guess it could be said that--- <G>

TBird,

Something went amiss with the new upgrade. You now have me listed a "Chief Petty Officer" in my user id info. I was never in the Navy at all. When I signed on I input my data as a GySgt USMC. I spent 10 years, 9 months, and 22 days active service in the USMC. Please correct. Makes me wonder if all the other folks userids are messed up too. I see jstacy is listed now as a "Master Chief Petty Officer" too.

What is going on with this stuff. You've got everyone in the Navy now!!!!!

Edited: I just went through all the recent posts and threads since the new upgrade and yep!!!! Everyone is in the Navy now, either a Petty Officer 1st Class, Chief Petty Officer, or Master Chief Petty Officer, and Second Class Petty Officer.

Please correct this stuff, it is all out of whack. The only things correct on mine are the amount of posts, join date, member No., and old webboard name.

I am surprised a lot of the vets here haven't caught this besides me. And I have a severe cognitive disorder.

• In Memoriam

Rocky, this is just, 1st. class, petty, thats for sure.

Naval Aviation:

E-1 Airman recruit

E-2 Airman apprentice

E-3 Airman

E-4 3rd class PO

E-5 2nd class PO

E-6 1st. class Petty Officer

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Chuck75,

Like it or not the Marine Corps is considered part of the Navy. So, I guess it could be said that--- <G>

You've been highly misinformed buddy! The Marine Corps is a separate branch of service within the DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY, the Navy is the other separate branch within the DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY.

It's like this as far as structure

DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY

1) Navy 2) Marine Corps

• In Memoriam

Yep, it was in the Blue Jackets Manual. "Do not tell any Marines that they are a small branch of the Navy". hehe B)

Lighten up gunney.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Yep, it was in the Blue Jackets Manual. "Do not tell any Marines that they are a small branch of the Navy". hehe

Lighten up gunney.

Yep, a small branch no doubt, but big enough to defend and protect the Navy against foreign enemies as they always have. The Marines do the combat and the Navy transports and provides the chaplain and the medical care.

Semper Fi!!!!!

From the old goat to the old top; all of our branches have "US" in front of them. Me, I don't care if they call me chief or gunney, the beer tastes the same and we both have one objective in mind.

It was funny, one day I had a cheery Marine Corps Captain in my office, both of us cutting up. You know how it goes, it goes back and forth, back and forth with all of the cute little quips. Then we discussed the Department of the Navy, his reply to me was; Yeah, we're in the Dept. of the Navy, the "men's department!". So simple, but the best come-back to that one I ever heard. Gotta give it old red, he is a riot.

Know what he does for a living now? He works in a marina at the lake and loves it!

That kinda stuff is what keeps up the rivalries to keep us mentally astute, so that we're ready to kick the enemies butt because we're so pissed that we each get to each other some times! It doesn't need to get petty, so keep it light guys and gals.

Tom