Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HELP

Rate this question

Adaz

Question

can someone point me in the right direction far as getting some REAL HELP with this disability claim.......I got out the ARMY in 95.....they rated me 10% ...on a knee injury.......I have never been re-evaluated.....my other knee is going to hell and also my lower back.....put in a claim  a couple years ago and they denied it ..of course.......but im tired of playing with the VA....is there anyone in TEXAS who can help me submit the required write up so I can get my just due.....the struggle is real.....

Adaz,

You will need your service treatment record(STR) to start with.  If you have it, then you can go through it for any treatments you received for any injury or illness while on AD.  These are the basis for making your claims for service connection. 

You can file a claim for secondary for your other knee that is not SC at this time...secondary to the knee that is SC already.  Same for your back.

If you don't have a copy of your C-file, request that as well.  It will contain all info related to your claims previously filed with the VA, including the C&P exams for each claim.

Semper Fi.

Andyman

Your 10% knee disability would not necessarily be reviewed at all. However, since it is service connected, all you have to do is request increased compensation because you think your disability has increased in severity. The VA will call you in for an evaluation. Your other knee and back would probably have to be considered on a secondary basis, and the requirements are listed above. Sorry I can't recommend a VSO. The only person I know in Texas is my old boss, George Herbert Walker Bush.