VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

With Veteran Law Judge question?

Rate this question

SecurityForces03

Question

Hi Everyone,

Long time lurker, first post.

I recently received a call from the DAV in Washington DC. A gentleman explained to me that he submitted my arguement to the BVA on Novemeber 3, 2015. Go back to 2009, that is when the BVA received my appeal.

For now, my case has been assigned to a veteran law judge and has had 3 date changes between November 3 and Dec 10. Is this a good thing? Haven't seen a whole lot of info on this specific part of the appeal.

Thanks,

SecFo03

Yes, its a good thing.  You get a "new" date each time somebody picks up your file for some effort or another.  I have watched quite a few "timelines", and most have between 6 and 10 "with VLJ" entries before the "decision" is finally made.  And while "with VLJ" seems like the "last stop", there are sidetracks that you can be set on, such as "administrative action pending", or "awaiting records", or others, and those can last quite a while.

But yeah, I like it when my case is "with VLJ", and when it is, I hope that the next step is something like "pending decision notification".

I wouldn't make a habit of getting too excited about ebennies and your status. But, good luck to you on your appeal.

Yes, its a good thing.  You get a "new" date each time somebody picks up your file for some effort or another.  I have watched quite a few "timelines", and most have between 6 and 10 "with VLJ" entries before the "decision" is finally made.  And while "with VLJ" seems like the "last stop", there are sidetracks that you can be set on, such as "administrative action pending", or "awaiting records", or others, and those can last quite a while.

But yeah, I like it when my case is "with VLJ", and when it is, I hope that the next step is something like "pending decision notification".

I wouldn't make a habit of getting too excited about ebennies and your status. But, good luck to you on your appeal.

thank you for the detailed quick response! 3 date changes is pretty good, in about a month timeframe. My case has a 2009 docket number as well.

Couls you explain what the "administrative action pending" is? If everything stays on track, the next action should be pending decision notification? 

Thanks again,

SecurityForces03

The "administrative action pending" is a special status that covers many undocumented scenarios.  In my case, the C&P doctor and my Doctor don't see eye-to-eye.  Both have well written reports.  The VLJ assigned that status to me, and sent both Doctors' reports to an impartial body to determine which one is most likely the correct opinion.

When that opinion is rendered, the VLJ will get the file back, and render a finding of fact, which I hope will be in my favor.  How long this process takes is open-ended. ;(

Oh ok. I hope mine is pipelined through! I'm hoping and praying that the VLJ wants to clear mine off the docket before January 1st(not counting on it). I figure, with a 2009 docket number, I'd be up there on the priority list.

Like yourself, I have  a 2009 docket date, and am waiting at the BVA.  The crazy part of this is this is "normal" for VA.  Since you also have a 2009 docket date, Im gonna assume VA did a "lightning fast" move from your NOD to BVA certiification in "just" one year.  Lets also assume that you get a BVA decision promptly and VA again moves lightning fast and implements your decision and awards you money which arrives in lightning speed of "only"  one more year.  This means you could move from filing your NOD to getting your retro in "just" 8 years.  Does anyone else think waiting 8 years on VA to appeal is anything less than nuts?