Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Question About IU C & P Exam

Rate this question

gs106

Question

Does anyone see any contradiction in the C & P examiners notes on whether I can perform sedentary work?

Excerpts from IU DBQ:

14. Functional impact

---------------------

Regardless of the Veteran's current employment status, do the

condition(s) listed in the Diagnosis Section impact his or her ability to

perform any type of occupational task (such as standing, walking, lifting,

sitting, etc.)?

[X] Yes [ ] No

If yes, describe the functional impact of each condition, providing one or

more examples:

Knees

INABILITY TO BEND/SQUAT. INABIITY TO STAND FOR PERIODS > 15-20

MINS AT ONE TIME. DIFFICULTY SITTING AND STAND FROM SITTING.

15. Remarks, if any:

Physical labor: This condition can negatively affect the

Veteran's ability to ambulate, lift and carry heavy objects, kneel, as well as climb

ladders and stairs.

Sedentary labor: This condition can negatively affect the Veteran's ability to sit for prolonged periods of time without getting up to walk around. However can participate in sedentary labor. This condition should not impact sedentary labor.

cervical spine: This condition can result in the veteran being unable to lift or carry, may impact

veteran's ability to flex his neck as might be required while working physical labor Simple motions of the neck which may be required during physical or sedentary work may exacerbate symptoms and necessitate the avoidance of some motions, further limiting physical labor however not impacting sedentary labor. This condition should not impact sedentary labor.

shoulders:

Physical labor: This condition can negatively affect the Veteran's ability to lift, carry, push, or work overhead due to pain and decreased ROM.

Sedentary labor: This condition should not impact sedentary labor.

Radiculopathy, LUE: This condition results in decreased agility, decreased strength, and pain. Each of these may impact the veteran's ability to lift or carry, or use his upper extremity for any activity. Simple motions of the neck which may be required during physical or sedentary work may exacerbate symptoms and necessitate the avoidance of some motions, further limiting physical work however not sedentary employment This condition should not impact sedentary labor.

3 answers to this question

Have you tried to google the doctor who did this C & P exam to see if they were actually qualified to do it?

Thanks Berta, I just called the VA hospital where the C & P was done and was told that he is a nurse practitioner. 

Edited by gs106
New information

Look up his credentials. If you happen to have enough information on his or her name you can look them up. VA doctors are easier but the same can be done by outsourced C&P docs.

That is how I found out an OBGYN was the one doc that either denied or approved my medical conditions to service.  I kid you not for a Gulf War claim and increase on conditions.

JME