Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Results - VARO Oakland

Rate this question

USAF-Vet

Question

My C&P Exams were conducted via the contractor MSLA on Jan. 11, 16 and 20th. The results were transmitted to VHA and uploaded per MyHealthyVet to Vista imaging. After making several contacts to see if I could get the results printed out for me, I have been informed that even though the results are in Vista (CPRS - VA medical records) I cannot have access to them until they are released from the VARO (Oakland).

My anxiety is pinging since one of the reports is 47 pages and I want to read them.

I have a congressional on my claim so I called my congressional aide and asked him if that is why I am not being allowed access to my reports. He believes the problem is an internal clerical type thing like we dealt with when we were retrieving my records from the Archive last summer. He is going to make an inquiry and see if I can be granted access to my reports.

So, FYI if you're in the Bay area or if you're an employee like myself (our claims are reviewed in MN) we are not able to review our C&P results right away like everyone else seems to be able to do. When I inquired about finding the reports on MyHealthyVet last week, I was informed it typically takes 6 weeks to show up on there.

As I understand it, a medical contractor's C & P is only available to the claimant After the decision is made.

If it is done however at a VAMC, the cla8imant can get a copy right away.

Has this all changed?

Personally I feel, when VA came up with this BS in the first place some years ago when QTC exams started ( saying the VA contractor is paid by VA so VA owns the results of the C & P exam until a decision has been made)this is one more violation of our Due Process Rights and this crap would never fly in a civil court under the Rules of Discovery.

Even when my dead husband was a VA employee,his C & P results were available to him within a few weeks or so but no contractors in those days...

I was victimized by this other kind of VA crapola too:

"There may a policy change coming overall.  I caught them with their pants down with an exchange between the RO and the C&P doc where the RO was trying to influence the DR. in what to say in his report. I copied it all while I had it on my computer!"

Wingnut...what kind of 'policy change ' do you mean?

When this happened to me in 1998, I let the Office of General Counsel VA know,the VA Strategic Health team in DC know, and more recently than that, I gave written testimony to the H VAC on it.

The VA rectified this right away (OGC) for me after I raised quite a ruckus, but other than that nothing else was done about it, so it probably happens more than we know.

"I caught them with their pants down with an exchange between the RO and the C&P doc where the RO was trying to influence the DR. " I also think that was the case for me for the bogus C & P they did last year and so far I have no idea who even did the exam.Again I raised  a ruckus and asked them to CUE themselves and they did and awarded the claim.

Is someone on the H VAC actually considering proposing a policy change regarding contracted exams or how some C & P examiners are manipulated by the ROs?

If so please let me know who they are.

Still haven't been able to get my C&P results.

My E-benefits status changed today: Pending Decision approval.

However in My Healthy Vet, another C&P was conducted WITHOUT me or my MRI or 2nd surgery information included. I suspect a low ball is coming.....

mtz-cpexam_1.pdf