Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Already had C&P exams but claim form 526 never filed

Rate this question

mike6113

Question

Hey guys I think I have a unique problem I def need help with. Here goes..I had a claim for Gulf War Syndrome non specific. The claim included gerd , svt and afib for my heart and joint problems with my left foot that was broken in service on duty. I was sent for the c and p exams . I have a copy of all of them and they all found in my favor. I recieved the big envelope and they awarded me 10percent for gerd and made no mention of the other claims at all. I called the 800 number and and was told the 526 form ? Was never filed for the other two claims. So i have now filed them and uploaded the copies of the c and p exams results and al letter explaining what had happened originally. I look on ebenefits today and see that they want proof of my earliest records of Gulf War Syndrome. My question is what the hell do I send them? I am already 70percent for PTSD and 10 for gerd. They have the results of c and p in my favor and all records from my time in the USMC to present doctors attatched . Thanks for any advice.

Mike

Good move, Mike6113!! I truly believe that's the best option you had, now they cannot say they don't have the records. I would call the 1-800 number in a couple of weeks and reinforce that the packet you submitted is what they were requesting on ebennies, ask them to send a message to the RO for you. I hope it pays off for you in a big way!!