Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

filing intent to file''

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I may have screwed up, I never sent in my evidence that I use a cp machine and  my VA dx of Sleep Apnea in my original ptsd claim as SLEEP APNEA SECONDARY TO PTSD.

So crazy me I got into ebennys and click on new claim write  my name and file number  and it said I am filing a new claim  so I exited out and never put what I was intending to file for and this morning the VA says I have a new intent to file claim and have one year to file.

I thought they would add this to my original ptsd claim S.A. secondary to this claim  instead they say its a new claim? &have one year to submit it.

what should I do? call the 1-800 and ask them to withdraw that intent to file claim

because now there saying my claim could take up to 10-20-16 to 5 -10 of 2017:sad:

Any suggestions?

........Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck I did something similar, called Peggy, told him of my mistake, and was told that it would make no difference in the processing of my current claim.  Apparently the intent to file evaporates from the site after a year (if no further action is taken).

Green

Green

• HadIt.com Elder

oic,

well I never mention what I intent to file for. I never got that for into it, after it said I was filing for a new claim I exit out.

(I thought it would self delete?)

I was thinking I could just use this later? wait see what they do on my original ptsd claim   because the C&P Examiner did write a note about my dx and using a VA CPAP machine currently.

I thought I had to file secondary to ptsd  and that's what I thought I was going to to do until ebenny's said I was filing a new claim.

kicking myself   eh!

...Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

The "intent to file" (I have one too) just secures your one year date to file and submit all your information for the claim.  You are basically "preserving the date to file". Basically if you do NOTHING, it will disappear after a year.

Did you do now see a new claim?  Did you try to go in and delete the application?

Edited by Navy4life

US Navy Desert Storm Veteran
Proudly served my Country!!! :biggrin:

• HadIt.com Elder

yes I see a new intent to file claim along with my original intent to file claim  and  then my ptsd claim  so I now have three claims in my status.

Yes I understand how intent to file works I never click on intent to file  I just click on in ebennys to file S.A. secondary to my original ptsd claim.  there calling it a new claim?

its not suppose to mix in or mess up your original claim  but now their saying it may take up to 10 months or over a year to decide my ptsd claim?

I just had my C&P for this ptsd claim on the 23rd of Jan 2016

I am waiting on what they decided? the only thing is if I do get denied or low-balled I will have this ''New claim intent to file as S.A secondary to my ptsd   a better EED.

That is if I file within a year on this new intent to file claim they say I filed.

• HadIt.com Elder

i

• HadIt.com Elder

I may need Ms berta or Asknod, jbasser, broncovet,USMC_VET  to help me get out of this mess  eh!