VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help Have Ptsd Gaf 40 Not Getting Va Help

Rate this question

Guest menoften

Question

Guest menoften

I have PTSD went through the assessement phase give GAF 40 They said I was re-traumatized talking about

Vietnam. They said I was too severe to put in group thereapy. They sent me to Mood group Therapy with

medication. I intially went in april, it is September and I just have got worse, and I am not getting better.

I have horrific flashbacks,sweats heart palpitations,Night Terrors, can not leave my house. I am wheel

chair bound. I only get med's taking Citapram, and a sleep med which is not working. I only get about

2 to 3 hours sleep per night. What should I do. It seems like I am at a dead end with the PTDS, I thinkk

they are just ignoring me.

I would appreciate any help or advise you could give me.

Thanks,

Menoften

ChuLai,Vietnam 66-69 :rolleyes:

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Menoften- have you been diagnosed with PTSD by a VA shrink?

I assume you have a claim in progress?

Do you have valid stressors -such as combat awards on your DD 214?

I suggest you talk to the Patient Rep about getting better care and then if that produces no results- go to the Medical Director of your VAMC-

get him/her to document in your med recs that you were there-

the treatment of PTSD does not involve classifying it as a mood disorder-it is an anxiety disorder.

Depression can be diagnosed as secondary to PTSD and rated.

It sure aint no mood disorder-what has mood to do with the combat stress of Chu Lai? When exactly where you there?

Something is wrong here and if that PTSD due to Vietnam diagnosis is not crystal clear, VA will deny your claim.and worse -they will be treating you for the wrong problem-

I have PTSD went through the assessement phase give GAF 40 They said I was re-traumatized talking about

Vietnam. They said I was too severe to put in group thereapy. They sent me to Mood group Therapy with

medication. I intially went in april, it is September and I just have got worse, and I am not getting better.

I have horrific flashbacks,sweats heart palpitations,Night Terrors, can not leave my house. I am wheel

chair bound. I only get med's taking Citapram, and a sleep med which is not working. I only get about

2 to 3 hours sleep per night. What should I do. It seems like I am at a dead end with the PTDS, I thinkk

Thanks,

Menoften

ChuLai,Vietnam 66-69 :rolleyes:

undefined menoften, As was mentioned earlier do you have say a CIB purple heart or

11b20 combat infantryman mos documented on your DD214? If you don't their are members that can walk you through the PTSD claims process. This is a great resouce. I wish you the best.

Jim Lane

• HadIt.com Elder

see if your town has a Vet Center or if a nearby town has one, you can sometimes get better help and counseling thru the Vet Centers. If you still think you aren;t getting the help you need see the patient rep, or ask for an appt to speak with the hospital director, or call your congressman or lady.

Guest charles

Thanks,

Menoften

ChuLai,Vietnam 66-69 :(