Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits wrong about rating dates

Rate this question

waccamawwild

Question

I am rated 100% permanent and total as of August 2015 with the addition of 70% rating for new bipolar disorder rating added to numerous ratings which before  was 80% . My question is this: Ebenefits and 1-800 Peggy are both wrong about my effective dates for five disabilities. I got a copy of my c-file and it shows I am over the twenty year mark for these five disabilities. Should I do something about this or let it go because the VA retaliates against those who make waves? I can sit on it but it makes me wonder what else is  the errors in my c-file or if they are deliberately pushing back dates?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

You dont need to do anything about ebenefits errors.  They are common.  Ebenefits often lists the effective date as the EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE LAST COLA.  Your RO/BVA decisions are "official" while ebenefits is more of a "guide" not binding on VA.  

If you have time on your hands, sure, you can contact VA and tell them its inaccurate.  But, dont worry about ebenefits being wrong, it is wrong so often that many Vets advocates recommend not even using it.  Unless Jim Strickland has changed his mind, he suggested not checking ebenefits.  

waccamawwild,

I went down this same road about 9 months ago, filed a NOD regarding the effective dates in eBenefits as my primary disability has been in place over 22 years and they had an effective date of 2007.  I received a call from the RO letting me know that eBenefits is not the official record (as broncovet shared) and that my C-File did in fact list the correct date.  I share this to hopefully avoid stress and worry on your part.

Green

Thank you broncovet and green. I worried more about this than I should have. Nice to know there are other vets who can help with these kind of questions. I am going to let it go and forget about it.