VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Can I Do?

Rate this question

jlshand

Question

On October 13 of this year I received a response to my IRIS inquiry stating that The Houston VARO had made a decision regarding my IU claim and that I would receive the letter within two weeks. Its now the 25th of November and .....nothing...I have tried calling the 800 # WITH no further info. Is there anything else I can do to find out what is happening?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

If you are still dissatisfied with their answer/efforts you could always put together an informal letter inquiry to the Regional DVA manager. Emplore of them to please forward a favorable reply expedentially in consideration of your condtions and monetary dillema. Return receipt request mail would insure your request is received and acknowledged.

• HadIt.com Elder

It may show up in your VA check for December 2006. Sometimes you get the money before the letter. I would call my VSO. They know because they are in on the decision, usually.

thanks for the responses. I didnt use a vso and i guess this is the first time i might regret it. have to go for an md appointment this week. Maybe try to talk to someone at the varo in person ha ha ha