Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New evidence to an already denied claim

Rate this question

chief5631

Question

I am already service connected for fecal incontinence for a discectomy I had in service.  This was in 2011.  When I walked into the C&P docs office, he stated this was a no-brainer so I was automatically assigned a 60% rating.  well now urinary incont just started (actually started years ago), so I sent in a claim and doc said he couldn't connect it to anything in my records...completely nuts, so I had to waste my time and the VA urologists time, anyway there is now a note in my VA medical records that states "urinary incontinence is related to spinal surgery he had in service".

2 questions, is that sentence good enough?  and do I start another claim with new evidence or how to I reopen this one?  Thanks!

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

anyway this is the new evidence I have:

"Urinary and fecal incontinence: Pt is presented as a consult for urinary incontinence. He had a L5-S1 discectomy in 2002 and subsequently developed fecal incontinence followed shortly thereafter by urinary incontinence. He saw Dr. XXX at XXX hospital who tried biophysical feedback which was unsuccessful. For his voiding, he feels the urge to urinate and can urinate with strong stream. In between voids, leaks urine. He is generally unaware of his leakage. He uses 6 pads per day (for fecal issues as well). Very little incontinence at night but some present. No UTIs. He is taking tamsulosin which he says helps his incontinence.  Pt is a 57 y.o male with fecal and urinary incontinence related to spinal surgery - Discussed with the patient that the interstim may be helpful for both fecal and urinary incontinence. He would like to pursue this option. Will discuss with Dr. XXX to determine if patient would be good interstim candidate.

Do you think this is strong enough?