Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Feet and Ankle ratings - how are they rated/calculated

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Okay as I sit and wait for my NOD decision to come back I have been looking at both the feet and ankle CFR ratings

http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/thefoot.html#top

http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/theankle.html#top

I have multiple issues with my feet and ankles.  

For Morton's Neuroma it's pretty clear that is 10% period.

For fractures to the foot do they rate under "broken bones"?  After my hearing yesterday, the DRO indicated that regardless of residuals a broken bone at a minimum is 0% so if you have issues would the rating fall under this category?  I have two prior fractures to the left ankle and now two fractures to the right foot....I do have residuals so I am sure I warrant higher than 0%

For the ankle, if you have synovitis as well as limited ROM and prior broken bone to the ankle, do they lump all the ratings into one?  Or do you get separate ratings for each disability?

Once they determine the total disabilities is it my understanding that you can not be more than 40% PER FOOT/ANKLE or is it 40% combine for both FEET/ANKLES and does that include the Morton's in the total % of disability?

Edited by Navy4life

US Navy Desert Storm Veteran
Proudly served my Country!!! :biggrin:

Does the bilateral factor come into play when figuring for the total 40% rating per side, or is that not considered until after ratings are calculated?

For me I have 30% bilateral pes cavus/with plantar fasciitis.  And 10% for L ankle.  I was recently denied secondary for R ankle, for some b.s. reason of pain being related to foot issue, no matter the reduced ROM.