Billyboy

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I've not heard of a specific form for it either. It's nothing more than a detailed medical opinion from a medical professional establishing a "more likely than not" connection to service related condition to sway the VA disability rater to service connect your condition.

• HadIt.com Elder

There in no such official form to show a nexus between service and a disability. It would just the the C&P format maybe. If you were to base your claim on the format of a C&P exam that would probably fit the bill.

• HadIt.com Elder

Billyboy,

As Rickb54 stated there is no so-called nexus form. A short statement might be all right for a nexus statement, but make sure the doctor states that he/she has reviewed your complete SMR's and states why he/she thinks your current disability is related to the one you had while in the service. It is very important that the doctor explain their rational for why they have come to a certain conclusion. I have seen on a couple of occasion where a short a statement of three sentences without any rational given was enough, but this is generally a judgment call on the RVSR. I would obtain a statement/letter with a full rational given by the doctor to be on the safe side.

Vike 17