Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro Pay

Rate this question

Sgt eve

Question

Hi, I was told by the Service Rep at the 1-800# that I will get my retro pay for such and such and "it will post Novemebr 27th" What does "post" mean because he told me I'll get it in the mail not direct deposit. Then I was told by somoeone else that it could take a month to get. The date of my letter was Nov. 14th. Does anyone have experience in this? Thanks. And yes, I am inpatient lol, I waited over a year.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

That smells a bit fishy. Maybe it will post in their system on that date. Typically I've only heard of checks being direct deposited and then on the 30th or 1st. Just for grins and giggles I'd call back and ask for clarification.

• HadIt.com Elder

Or, it could mean that it will "POST" on the 27th..............like in, for example, The POST Office!

In which case, the 27th sounds about right, for you to receive the POSTed article on the first of the month.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

I think it means the day the check is posted/issued. The government issues checks 5 or 6 dates a month and I think the 27th is one of the dates. jmo

pr

Hi, I was told by the Service Rep at the 1-800# that I will get my retro pay for such and such and "it will post Novemebr 27th" What does "post" mean because he told me I'll get it in the mail not direct deposit. Then I was told by somoeone else that it could take a month to get. The date of my letter was Nov. 14th. Does anyone have experience in this? Thanks. And yes, I am inpatient lol, I waited over a year.