Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams And C File

Rate this question

timr

Question

This is my second series of C&P exams. I am having the first ones redone at the request of the BVA. Due to the amount of time that has passed since my first set. Question ? Is the examaner still required to review my claims file before my examanation. Even if it is the same practitioner. Thanks - TIMR

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest rickb54

Timr,

the short answer..

Yes they must still read/review the C file, and they must sign the exam worksheet indicating that he did or didn't review it.

As has been said it is a good idea for a different doctor to do the new exam, but you may not have any control of over who does the exam. Usually they schedule the exam far enought out that you can call if it is the same doctor who examined you last time, and request a different doctor if one is available.

Best of luck...

Oh!

And remember on the day of your C&P... you should exibit the symtoms you would have on your worse day, do not do any jumping up on tables, and when asked how are you .... don't say things like fine, ok etc,,, instead tell them how bad you feel.

These guys write down everything you say so be careful not to say anything that could hurt your case..

I was wondering how common is it for one person to perform the exam and another person to write it up. I had a C&P Exam on Aug 25 and another person is the author of the exam notes on Sep 14.

For my second C&P Exam (different problem), the examiner finished the notes the same day as the exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

A lot of times the person who is giving the exam is doing oit for someone with better credentials. Its a good point to bring up if you are not satisfied with the results.

Have you asked for a copy of your C&P?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

The only time a C&P doctor must have the C-file is when they are doing C&P exams that require a medical opinion, a BVA appeal on remand, an initial claim for service-connection for PTSD, and initial claims for former POW's.

C-files do not need to be reviewed when a veteran needs a C&P exam for an increase in evaluation.

See M21-1MR, Part III, Subpart IV, Chapter 3, Section A, §'s 1(e), 3,6,and 8.

Vike 17

Edited by Vike17