Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA now says claims needs Cfile

Rate this question

mtmorical

Question

My VSO contacted me today when claim for temp 100 on SC TKR went back to gathering of evidence (WTH) he said my claim was ready to approve but that my original determination for the 10% increase was not in Cfile electronically and that Isacc who is a rater trainer is trying to expedite the request for the Cfile.

He also said once that is received it will be approved.

i read online that can 6months? Will it really take that long for the VA to obtain that?

i was original at 30% at discharge then downgraded to 0%, and like posted before the VA reviewed my records and determined me at 10% in 2014 without an exam or me requesting that at all!!! 

Will that be in my cfile?

thanks in advance for help

Edited by mtmorical

The C-file is your claim file and is accessible to the VA so that shouldn't be an issue.  As far as the temporary 100% evaluation you can in fact get the 12 months but it might take some time or they might do it in stages based on the doctor's notes and recommendation.  I am sure they are working on it.  Just try to stay calm and relax, yes I know it's hard to do, but that is all you can do at this point.....

I know, but they said my paperwork wasn't in the electronic version and they had to request the original, he said he'd try to expedite that, just wondering if it takes them as long as it would if I requested them myself?

Whoa, HOSS!!

Did you catch that??  You posted:

"He also said once that is received it will be approved."

This guy needs to go to alter call for not telling the truth.  VA NEVER EVER EVER says they "will approve" your claim once they get your information.  NEVER.  YOur claim will be decided "on the evidence", and, if VA does not have the evidence, your claim comes to a halt until they do.  They dont "guarantee" approval, but wait and read the applicable evidence and ONLY THEN will they tell you its approved, ONLY IF THE APPROVAL IS SUPPORTED BY THE EVIDENCE>

This is like calling up your doctor and saying..."Gee doc...I got this cough...hac hac..can you fix it?"

If he says, "Sure, I guarntee if you take these pills you will have a quick cure", then get another doc.  He is a quack.  REal docs dont guarantee cures..they diagnose and treat you, and often tell you to follow up to see if the treatment worked.   

A REAL doc will say, "Come see me in the morning.  If (the doc) thinks it necessary, then I will take an x ray to see if its pneumonia.   If it is pneumonia, we may try a round of antibiotics to see if that works".  

NOtice.  NO guarantee of a cure.  Ever.   

Edited by broncovet

Of course, I understand that.

i have no doubt of the evidence, I have degenerative arthritis of the knee that has been in my file prior to leaving service.

im just wondering if the VA has access to requesting the hard copies faster than I do?

The only thing they are missing is when they did the increase in 2013 all on their own with no claim or request, and to that fact they back paid me until 2002 when the put me down to 0%

41 minutes ago, Navy4life said:

The C-file is your claim file and is accessible to the VA so that shouldn't be an issue.

I posted this in my post above....