Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions From A Lamer

Rate this question

lobo

Question

1- How much money can veteran have in bank and still draw benefits

2-Can a veteran own a home and draw benefits, I own half a home left to me in a special needs trust

from my mother's will :huh:

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Is there a link where I can go to read up on all this mess as I do not want to lose my VA or rock the boat, thanks for all your help

Edited by lobo

I just got off phone with SSI so I would not have to give the VA to much info, I explained all to them and they said do not worry if I recieve no check or benefits from special needs trust, I don't, Man this VA thing has me afraid to fart, hehe, anyone know something different :huh:

Thank you so much, man this s____ scares me to death as I don't wnat to lose my pension, it seems to me the only way they can get me is if I use the 16,500 in trust in a way thats not approved by them, do you know of a link of whats approved as I want to be very carefull, can I make improvements to this 50 year old house, keeping in mine the 80,000 cap, thanks again

• HadIt.com Elder

SSDI is much more human when it comes to small earnings. What is it $800 a month you can earn before you get in trouble with the SSA. If you are IU I think you get in trouble immediately if you make a dime. Why can't we earn a few dollars if we are able to supplement our IU. I am not talking about 40 hours a week. If I could earn 10 hours a week in minimum wage I would feel better. I volunteer but I am usually treated like shit and it is humiliating to work for free and be treated like you time is worthless. Work is therapy and great for self esteem. The VA system of compensation for severely disabled makes it worse and is a great disincentive to try to improve. You get better you get you rate cut along with the loss of all the other benefits that come with a total rating.