Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Making Tinnitus SC

Rate this question

praned1983

Question

I was told it would be hard to get Tinnitus SC from PTSD from the Army. Does anybody know how to get it SC to anything else or should I keep trying to get it SC from the events of PTSD I need help any ideas would help a lot.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Does your doctor say your PTSD causes your tinnitus? Its a nerve damage to the inner ear usually brought about by percussive or continuous exposure to loud noise. Id go that route instead. Look at your service jacket and find what you did- was it noisy, continuously, for long periods of time?

I was around loading equipment and stuff all the time (92A)( for example) so I have tinnitus in both ears. It was not difficult to draw the correlation, and there isn't a test they can do for it specifically- more like, i have trouble with speech discernment in noisy environment because my brain is always processing the constant noise from my ears. 

During the 10 years in the army I was communications but when I was in the field a lot we used loud generators to provide power to all the equipment. when I was in Afghanistan all the bombs going off and shotting aircraft noise living about 25 meters from entrance of the airfield.

Id go get a hearing test from audiology and mention it to them. Speech discernment is part of the test, and tinnitus usually also masks high frequency sounds so your audiogram will show that. 

I got a hearing test on 7 April done my right ear with the speech discernment was at 96% but when did mention there is no test for tinnitus currently. she did put it in my records that I have bilateral tinnitus. Just waiting on a C and P exam for my ear next maybe in 6 months the VA runs slow like dial up. LOL