Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD Increase

Rate this question

praned1983

Question

Hello everyone

I am currently at 30% for PTSD plus I got Sleep Apnea 50% and I bunch of other shit. My question is I put in a claim for increase for PTSD because for the last 6 months I been showing symptoms that related more to PTSD at 50 and 70% and those issues more often. Also I am on new meds now from Mental Health and I just started seeing them again and explain how my issues have been getting worse and that I don't work because of it. Last time I work I told her I told a guy I work with I would kill him because of the stress he cause me. Then she asked me if I have any guns I told her if I did they would be less people on this earth. She also asked me why did I stop come to get help I told her I tried to manage my issues with out the help of the VA because they where not as bad as they are now.

Are Asking if you should put in for an increase or you did put in for an increase? I think you should put in for increase if you haven't. If you have if your symptoms are getting more severe they should increase your rating. Have you been getting therapy, if so check out your doctors notes and see if their is any thing in there to support your claim. Wish you good luck with this, Bill

I put in for a increase last month with a bunch of other shit I found out I had self diagnosed I had this stuff wrong with me from the time I was in the Army and I been out for the last 4 years not get treatment or rate correctly for it which makes me mad. now I am going to the VA for all these issues especially the mental health department. I saw the mental health yesterday and I got 2 follow up appointments in the next month. I check myhealth.va.gov and she add that my PTSD is more serve and chronic and I have Major Depression. I was hoping to see more notes for example what we talked about and what she wrote down when I was telling her all this crazy stuff. 

This is just a though, But have you considered asking your counselor to enroll you in the residential PTSD program. This will give you the help you need and also I was told that after the program you should at least qualify at the 50% rating. I went last September at the Waco VA hospital. It is a 10 week program which I recommend. They tried to make it relaxing or stress free and since you are a in patient over 26 days you will qualify for a temporary 100%rating while in the program. I got a lot of time off, you are allow to leave the hospital and take week end passes. This program is at different locations through out the country. I wouldn.t mind going back plus it did help and I met a lot of cool people from their 20's to 70's. This program will get the help you need and also bump up your rating. well just a thought.

I know about it the program is about 2.5 hrs away from me at another VA place. My friend just got approved to go there after he started throwing chairs at the doctor. I will ask my mental health dr next time I see her.  thanks

what did you have to do to get approved for this program did you have to ask them you wanted to go or did you issues have to get really bad. I had stop going to the VA for mental health for almost 2 years but now I am back in there telling them everything that is happening now and how serious it is. I really want to get approved so I can save my marriage and my relationship with my son.

You have to be refered by your counselor, psychologist, or psychiatrist, They will do an application for you, if it gets approved it takes a couple of months to get in. I would just ask that you heard about this program and you think it would do you a lot of good if you can go. You will meet a lot of good people their that is going through the same problems. Like I said they try to make it a stress free environment. I hope you can get in.