VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migrane Upgrade and DBQ?FDC homeless vet

Rate this question

KDM

Question

I got a DBQ done I was awarded zero percent for migrane/headaches on jan 2016.  I applied for claim in aug of 2015, since then I saw how they never put in my data from the Montrose VA  that diagnosed me with the Migrane in Sept of 2015 so I asked for an up grade in March 20 2016 for an upgrade with a DBQ by my medical provider stating I have three prostrating attacks a month, have what called a Migraine with an aura that also in the doctors words affects my tinnitus, I also have missed work etc..I filef this as a FDC and I am a homeless vet the claim is in  NewJersey how long will that take.

I filed this upgrade along with other contentions I will list shortly will this migrane with Auro /Headaches that I am zero percent connected for be upgraded first or will they make me wait until the other contentions are done?

4 answers to this question

IF you were able to use the homeless problem to get you on the "expedited" pile, you should not have to wait more than a few months.

expedited does exist, for Medal of Honor winners, terminal cancer patients and homeless vets.  IF you have a NSO or VSO then they should ask for this for you when submitting your claim.  IF you are flying solo then you should make this clear when you submit the claim.

I was expedited and from denial to approval was 6 months? That's including the DRO review.

I cannot speak to your claim since your medical condition is not in my wheel house, but I hope that partially answers your question.

Claims should be expedited for the following reasons:

1. ALS

2. Homeless

3. Terminal

4. Medal of Honor

5. SI/VSI (seriously and very seriously injured)

6. Financial Hardships

7. FPOW (former POW)

8. Vets over 85 years old

i just uploaded my podcast at vethelpcast.com last night regarding these claim flashes.

I am 83, Maybe my claim will be expedited in 2 years huh?