• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CNP exam

Rate this question

KDM

Question

6 answers to this question

KDM;

Your claim can be denied for a multiple of reasons.  Your question was whether or not you could be denied for PTSD without a C&P exam.  Has your claim been denied?

Yes it was denied but I never received ssoc explaining why also they never reviewed the diagnosis of PTSD I was given by the VA and the data from PTSD unit I was on although I clearly expressed in writing I wanted that data to be reviewed my case was decided before they got the PTSD information as I was in the Hospital PTSD unit in Montrose NY VA at the time since then I also have a buddy statement from a ship mate I believe this is a CUE and I have new and material evidence they had in the system for me to get a CNP but I never received the exam and thanks for answering looking forward to more info or opinions

• HadIt.com Elder

I'll butT IN & in give my 2 cents

Since you were denied for no C&P EXAM ,Before that did you get a notice letter letting you know when and where the C&P exam is to take place?

if you did and was  put in the Hospital for these contention (PTSD)  About the same time your C&P was scheduled 

you can write a letter with  RECORD copies and dates you were admitted to the VA Hospital

if yes that's good but it can be a private Hospitl also  as long as you were diagnosed with PTSD from the VA and you have proof of your sterssor's or a combat badge/ribbon then you can Send all this in to your claims intake center with your NOD and disagree with the decision on ''WHAT WE DECIDED'' and you present this evidence as to prove why you could not make your C&P..now if you never  knew about your C& P thats a different story...but you can disagree with the decision and tell them why with new aND METERAIL EVIDENCE  and include your  hospital stay in Montrose NY  VA  Especially the dates....

They may send you to a C&P and get this all corrected    I don't think its a CUE until you get EOB and reason for denial.

usually SOC is sent with your denial and the SSOC IS SENT LAter if you NOD their decision.

you should received an NOD FORM WITH YOUR DENIAL?

JMO

.................Buck

Thanks Buck all information is welcome I never received the CNP because they never contacted me for a CNP that the VA asked for it was requested by regional but the Hospital never came through and let me know,  also I was never given a letter ie SSOC concerning the denial of PTSD and they never reviewed my PTSD information from Montrose plus my buddy letter from Shipmate which would be new and material evidence I have asked for a reconsideration of denial based on thei mistakes made as well as new and material evidence