Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&T form

Rate this question

Rob m

Question

Does anyone know which form to use/send  to request P&T (my friend is already 100% scheduler) ? I'm helping a buddy who does not read very well and he cannot figure it out. I looked for awhile, but did not come up with a solid answer either.

Thank you

3 answers to this question

There is no form. Simply write a letter requesting an increase to 100% permanent and total. I am 100% P&T and that is what I did.

To request P&T status you will have to put it on a 21-526ez as your claimed issue. If you don't send it on the Standardized Form then VA will send you a letter that states the requirement to do so. P&T claims are common at VA. They may or may not order an exam so if you have medical evidence then you need to submit that as well.

I got a letter from my doctor saying Buckwheat is hors d' combat and isn't going to get better-ever. I had my P&T 90 days later. Generally, when they declare you TDIU or 100% (schedular) for a disease /injury, they will schedule a P&T exam for several years in the future. If , you pass that, you're granted the Full Ride.

There certainly is no rule saying you have to wait the two years to apply or ask for it. Best of Luck, sir.