Got the copy of progress notes from my last pyschiatrist visit it says

Axis I Major Depressive disorder

Generalized anxiety order v panic disorder with agoraphobia

Nicotine dependence

R/o PTSD

what does the R/o mean?

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim

If you have a service connected diagnosis of depression it does not make sense to chase a PTSD disagnosis. You will only be rated on one mental disorder. It is the symptoms that will give you a higher rating not the diagnosis. If your depression incapacitates you then you can get 100% for that much eaiser than having to prove a PTSD stressor and then prove the PTSD is 100%. What your VA doc said about your depression is enough to get a much higher rating than 30%.

john999 Posted Today, 04:35 PM

Jim

If you have a service connected diagnosis of depression it does not make sense to chase a PTSD disagnosis. You will only be rated on one mental disorder. It is the symptoms that will give you a higher rating not the diagnosis. If your depression incapacitates you then you can get 100% for that much eaiser than having to prove a PTSD stressor and then prove the PTSD is 100%. What your VA doc said about your depression is enough to get a much higher rating than 30%.

I dont know that I am chasing it, its a condition that I have and I want SC for it. I want Sc for everything I can possibly get. I need 100% schedular which we all know is hard to get. My understanding is that a 100 % rating for depression requires you to be ruled incompetent, whereas the PTSD does not require the incompetent ruling true or not? I only have a 30% rating for depression and I know I got screwed big time on that, but like I said earlier the two stays in the shrink ward should have a significant impact on that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

timetowinarace Posted Today, 02:06 PM

Stretch is correct. PTSD is NOT ruled out. PTSD is a possibility and must be further examinined.

1.13 Diagnoses don’ts (also see diagnoses do’s)

1. Non-committal diagnosis: Don’t use phrases such as “differential diagnosis” or “rule out”.

[41 FR 11292, Mar. 18, 1976]

I understand its not ruled out. You must remember this is not a C&P Exam just progress notes from the first time I met with him. I was at the VAMC today and I showed my PCM the notes, he said the doctor believes you have it but doesnt have enough knowledge to firmly make the diagnosis

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Berta Posted Today, 09:10 AM

Jim- what I see is that he did say "probable" PTSD but noted that the PTSD clinic report was still not filed.

He made no mention of any nexus statement- maybe because he did not have that report.

This is odd because I haven't seen many exams like this that do not have a clear nexus statement.

No mention of any stressor at all----do you have a copy of the report he said was "still not filed" when he prepared this?

Do the stressors still have to be verified by CURR or is there enough evidence to support them already? It seemed to me you had some good evidence already.

Again this is not a C&P report maybe thats what is confusing you about the lack of nexus statement. No the PCT report is still not in my record my PCM looked for it today for me. I wrote a letter to CURR when I first filed for PTSD, there were two servicemans deaths which I was involved in the investigation and other gruesome shit, then there was a collision at sea, all of those three can be confirmed by CURR. The one death was a murder of a girl from my unit, her husband shot her through the heart with a crossbow in the living room floor where her child layed next to her sleeping. The civilian police recognized she was a service woman and contacted my Police Department, and me being the Senior enlisted Military Police at that station got the duty of taking possession of the crime scene within 6 hours of the murder, watched the civies cut out the carpet and padding and saw the divet left in the concrete floor by the cross bow bolt. Then I spent a entire week in her apartment inventorying everything possible from her skivies to her nick nacks before they came and packed them out. Everytime I came or left I walked by that spot in the floor where there was no carpet and a large blood stain. This girl was a friend of mine, :huh: not close but never the less a person within my command, we were only different departments......................I was buddies with her Chief and saw her almost everyday I was screwing off in his wood shop building shadow boxes or what ever I wanted.

I have seven other stressor letters with buddy statements to confirm three of them. The other four stressor letters can be verified through my service record and my fitreps.My wife wrote a statement in support says she feels if she was living in a fort, locks on everything and me constantlly on guard duty. Put in the letter I get up during the night and make perimeter checks which is true.

Edited by FLHRCI

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim

You don't have to be declared incompetent to get 100% for a mental condition. There are those here who have 100% for other types of emotional/mental conditions and they are not incompetent legally. I think you have a pretty good shot at it for the severe depression without having to go through the PTSD stressor thing.

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay 3 years ago I was sent to the "team" to rule out PTSD after numerous interviews and MMPI and other tests 570 questions 350 questions etc and three different shrink interviews I was diagnosed with PTSD, I am not sure who was more surprised me or my treating pyschiatrist, but at the VAMC where I go they do not let your treating shrink make the diagnosis they have a "team" approach

I never took their Classes, programs I go for one on ones only and take my meds, they awarded me 50% in May 2005 and in April 2006 they rated me 100% P&T PTSD and no I am not "mentally incompetent"

I just filed today the notice for reconsideration about my artherisclerotic heart disease and hypertension either being secondary to my SC PTSD or as a direct result to 77 toxic substances at Edgewood Arsenal in 1974, I just finally got a letter from the VA in DC notifying me that DOD had released my name as one of the 7120 human test subjects from 1955 thru 1975. I bet the DRO is going to drop a ton when he gets all that shit I laid in there today lol EPA reports the CDC reports on what the toxins cause all 77 of them lol

each case is different and they all depend on who works them

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• In Memoriam

Not to go off on a tangent.

TestVet, most don't know that it took to get the chemical exposure letter, explaining that you were part of the Edgewood experiments. These notices should have been sent out at least 15 years ago. Although DoD, has stalled in the area of sending out these statements you are the first one that I have heard of that actually received this Chemical Exposure participation letter.

If the DoD decides to get honest, about these chemical exposures, my buddies may have a little chance at compensation before they all die. Many, of my buddies, have already died.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity