Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PSYC C&P review debrief.

Rate this question

snow1wave

Question

So I just came from my psych appointment, I think it went fairly well although it was short, like 35 mins short. We started talking about my childhood, I told her my childhood was a happy one, no major events other than my dad dying at 3-4 years old, but I told her it never really affected me majorly. Then we started talking about the incident, I told her I had a surgery that I needed to be resuscitated for afterwards, talked about what I remember about the event. Then I told her how my life was after the event, "I got divorced because we both changed, I gained 60 lbs, social like impacted work life impacted, I only work part time, rarely can sleep the whole nights, wake up in sweats, etc.." Then she asked me about the drugs I'm taking, then she said something I wasn't expecting, one of the drugs Im taking is more muscle relaxers, my back has always been tense, etc.. She said it was because of the anxiety, she believes I have symptoms of anxiety and depression, not sure what that means. She was really good, I was super anxious when I got in her office, I started fidgeting, I didn't even notice until she pointed it out, then I started fidgeting more trying to stop fidgeting. But anyway if ended kinda abruptly, and as soon as she said we were done I hoped up and got out asap, that probably screwed me at the end. But she did bring up something I completely forgot, I went to a stress group in bootcamp, years before the event happened, I completely forgot about that. But anyway, it was shorter than i expected, and Im more xxxxxx up then I expected. Sometimes I think joining the military was the worst idea I ever had, but it has done so much for me at the same time, but I didn't sign up for this mental shit.  

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

ok thanks. Quick question, say she gives me a favorable c&p, everything good before the event and after the event everything going to hell divorce, social issues afterwards.. etc.. Going to a stress management group in boot, and the situation with the surgery enough to get a rating for anxiety and depression? At least a 0% SC?

Edited by snow1wave

You'll have to check the CFR rating chart, which can be found on here, under the main Forums heading, scroll about 2/3rds the way down, there will be 3 CRF related links.  Once you're in, find the MH breakdown and match up your symptoms with the different brackets and see what gets you what rating. 

You probably sitting solidly in the 30% range, just off the top of my head.  Certain things take you higher, or more severe symptoms.  For example, suicide ideation(SI(thoughts of suicide) are in the 70% rate bracket.

Snow glad you made it thru the exams. I am in the same boat as you, I had multiple exams last week thru the VES, So I cant see the exam reports either. Without the Report, all we can do is speculate. Good luck and keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

On June 17, 2016 at 1:56 PM, Navy04 said:

Snow glad you made it thru the exams. I am in the same boat as you, I had multiple exams last week thru the VES, So I cant see the exam reports either. Without the Report, all we can do is speculate. Good luck and keep us posted

I will.. How are you 100% if you just filed? But yesterday my file was accepted and status changed to Preparation For Decision! 

On June 17, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Andyman73 said:

You'll have to check the CFR rating chart, which can be found on here, under the main Forums heading, scroll about 2/3rds the way down, there will be 3 CRF related links.  Once you're in, find the MH breakdown and match up your symptoms with the different brackets and see what gets you what rating. 

You probably sitting solidly in the 30% range, just off the top of my head.  Certain things take you higher, or more severe symptoms.  For example, suicide ideation(SI(thoughts of suicide) are in the 70% rate bracket.

Sounds good.. thanks!